Team Alton Cracks the Top Three: Your Week Two Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, May 29, 2012

Our week two Fan Vote tally is in, and Team Giada's Martita Jara and Ippy Aiona continue to duke it out for first place. Martita regained her preseason lead this week with 24% of your votes, while Ippy stayed strong at 21%. But this week, Team Giada's sweep of the top three was broken as Team Alton's Emily Ellyn claimed third place with 11% of the vote.

Will Team Alton keep gaining momentum after their "unofficial" win in the Chopped desserts challenge?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Check out the complete list of Week Two Fan Vote results:

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. Athena says:

Is anybody else having problems voting? I have been trying to vote all day and it keeps telling me that I can vote tomorrow. What's the deal, FN?

2. Fooddude says:

Why is Martita in 1st place? I see absolutely nothing original about her! I think Justin should take first place because he's original. I see nothing in Martita that would make her stand out above the rest. I never trust these votes because they can be EASILY manipulated through computers and several I.P addresses.

• Athena says:

I don't care much for her either. It's nothing against her. She just doesn't stick out in my mind like some of the others do.

• Jerilee says:

She's in 1st place because she got the most fan votes!!

• Food Fan says:

Agree & disagree.
      I agree--about the voting. Someone with a large twitter-following could email their friends n say: hey, do me a favor. I'm voting for a cook on TV. Vote with me for whoever. Chances are, there are lots of these "friends" who do NOT post or write on here that dont even follow the show but they do their friend a favor.
      So, people can cast a vote that is not an informed decision.
      I Disagree about "originality." Martita, or anyone else, can put a new twist on dishes they make, and very likely will! When I try a new restauarant for the 1st time and turns out to be surprisingly awesome, it is, well, hardly-ever, because of of food that is "original." It is nearly-always because its just plain has fantastic flavor to die for! If I crave the taste, I dont care much about originality. A nice bonus, but not the deciding thing at all.

3. D Minter says:

I do not like this format at all. The teamleader will naturally try to get the chef in the lead. It becomes more about personal feeling rather than the actual ability. I think Alton is so competitive he now looks mean. I hate this.

4. Rosemarie says:

I love this new format. It is focusing on developing the star and the cooking. Thank you for doing away with the back biting and forced drama. This is so pleasant to watch!

5. Johanna Houman says:

Why are they allowing the women to let their hair hang over the food? If Ann Burrell was one of the judges, there would be none of that! There's something completely unappetizing about someone's hair hanging over a saute pan.

6. retiredvermonter says:

This week was the first time we disagreed with the judges. We regret that either of the final two had to be dropped, especially when Linkie got to stay! C'mon!

Then again, we have never liked Guy Fieri, either, and he obviously is a "pet" of the network, so we're just not with you people, I guess. Guy is another loudmouth, obnoxious slob, and we never watch anything of his, either.

7. AGreatCook says:

I feel Alton's team would be much more successful if he would relax, lose his condescending attitude and encourage them to work hard and also enjoy themselves. I have been a fan of his for several years. After seeing him in this competition, I don't care to watch him any longer. Alton, I hate to break it to you but you are not someone unforgettable. You have been so moody, arrogant and cocky on this show I am ashamed of you. Your should do your job and inspire your team rather than adding to their anxiety. Get over yourself.

• Violet says:

Life's not fair. His approach separates those who have talent from those who do not. This "competition" is not for the meek.

8. RKei says:

I'll be one (of potentially many) to say that I think Justin's pure awesome and that the level of genius he has and executing prowess AT HIS AGE isn't something to be taken lightly! I really like watching him grow and bringing to the table something no one could've ever mentally or physically conceived in the time constraints all the finalists get. And I think he IS sincere, ESPECIALLY about cooking and about presenting who he is, as the unique star-quality chef with a brilliant mind and eye for something new, into edible form that TASTES GOOD. And his relationship with Alton - ohmygoodness, I lovelovelove it. The way Alton beamed when Justin pulled together that story about the no-bake cookie... my heart just melted and maybe even smoked up like the chocolate in the microwave! This network needs fresher minds and I know Justin's definitely going to pull in a whole crowd of newly inspired food enthusiasts from an untouched population.

• Violet says:

I agree with you RKei, except I'm concerned whether he will be relatable to the home cook. Will he be using "far fetched" ingredients, etc?

9. RKei says:

Also, Alton has a lot on his plate as I'm sure the other producers do too and the way he coaches is unique to him as Giada's style is to her and Bobby's to him. I appreciate his frankness and his way with words because he has a mind that can see beyond his team's potential and how much of a reality it can be if only someone was direct enough to say the words. Coddling and lightly patting these fully grown adults on the back is kind of a really sad sight to see. I don't want to bash on any finalist, but some should've been gone weeks ago and I really detested how Giada and Bobby talked about confidence or just being real. Lastly, Alton's members chose to be on Alton's team. Even if he wasn't everything they expected, who are we to complain on their behalf when they're getting experiences of their life time?