Star Poll: Pick Your Dish

by in Food Network Star, May 24, 2012

For the bus tour challenge, Team Giada ended up right in their mentor's comfort zone: Arthur Avenue, the Bronx's answer to Little Italy. Maybe this added a little pressure — as Team Giada, they couldn't mess up Italian food! They stepped it up, made some tasty food and won the challenge.

Three dishes really stood out for the judges. Martita's Italian-Inspired Ceviche (pictured above) won raves; Susie Fogelson said it was one of the best ceviches she's ever tasted.

Ippy's Eggplant Zuppa, inspired by Arthur Avenue Trattoria's famous eggplant Parmesan, was another highlight: "I found all the flavors of eggplant parm in that soup," said Giada.

Linkie was out for redemption after last week's flawed Key lime pie, and her Ricotta Cannoli Cheesecake delivered. Giada loved it, and even Alton agreed: "That's not cafeteria food."

We know it's tough when you can't taste the food through the TV screen, so we have all of Team Giada's winning recipes for you to try out at home.

If you were a tourist on the Star bus tour, which of these three winning dishes would you most want to sample?

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. guest says:

They all look good, but the eggplant zuppa beckons me the most. It is hard to pick without really seeing the food, but I like all the ingredients of the eggplant zuppa. I wish all the contestants the best of luck and I'm looking forward to this Sunday's show--I think the chopped style will be exciting and will certainly demand creativity from each contestant.

2. Phineus says:

I agree. The eggplant zuppa is what I would pick.

3. [...] the rest here: Star Poll: Pick Your Dish This entry was posted in Food Network and tagged avenue, bus, challenge, dishes, italian, linkie, [...]

4. Food Fan says:

It is good to see a picture of the completed dishes.
    I would love to try all three of the above.
    As this season continues to unfold, I will be watching for "Range". As a avid viewer, I wanna tune-in to a Cook who can do-it-all. Someone very likable, who makes food that's "always awesome."

Last night, I spent quite a bit of time watching the contestants audition videos.
    Getting a better feel for who's who. Quite a variety of personalities & backgrounds.
    I can say there are a few on each team that I gravitate towards.

5. jeni says:

Im a sucker for cheesecake so I would have to try that.

6. Penny Daniel says:

The cheeeese cake for me! Yess Pleassse!!

7. Athena says:

Ceviche!!! :9

8. Jerilee says:

I want all three, but I'm a sucker for cheesecake. But a cheesecake cannoli.....please, bring it on!!!

9. beachinfrizzy says:

I don't like cannolli at all...too sweet and I find that giant glob of cheese filling a texture violation, so I might try Linkie's just because it's cream cheese cut with ricotta which doesn't sound as sweet and it's a thinner layer. I'd also be interested in how the clams and oysters worked out in Martita's ceviche, especially after being 'precooked' in the oven. But the zuppa - eh - looks like something I'd throw together to use up leftovers (not that it wouldn't be tasty...I'd just rather try something different).

10. Emily says:

I am SO excited that team Giada won last sunday!! yay...:) Her team is the best. Bobbys team is SUPER boring. They may know how to cook, but their personalities are boring and flat. I would never watch any of them on their own show!! Giada's team can cook, and they have the must fun personalities. They keep me entertained. Personally, I think "Ippy" is gonna be the winner this year...Go team Giada!! =D On Alton's team, the only 2 people I like are Emily and Judson. They're awesome. Justin is WEIRD!!!!! I mean that literally. Somethings wrong with a guy who wears lip balm!!!!!