Team Bobby’s First Farewell

by in Food Network Star, May 22, 2012

Team Bobby was riding high after taking home the first win of the season, only to come crashing back to reality in Episode Two. On their food tour of Harlem, caterer and fitness guru Kara Sigle hoped a strong presentation would distract from her lifeless chicken and waffles. Unfortunately, she stumbled, lost focus and completely forgot to tell the crowd — and the judges — about her dish at all. She wasn't surprised to end up in the Producers' Challenge, going head-to-head against Judson to create the ultimate potato dish and make it memorable.

When Bob and Susie decided that Team Alton's Judson was the better gamble to keep around another week, he was the one who shed tears. Kara left the competition with her head held high and still hopes to see Team Bobby come out on top. "They become your family immediately," she said of her team. "I think they’re going to go all the way. That’s the final four right there."

Hear more from Bobby, Susie and Kara in her exclusive exit interview. Do you think she deserved to go home so soon?

Flip through Kara’s Star Scrapbook and more behind-the-scenes photos from Episode Two.

Caption It: Cha-Ching

Last week Food Network Star finalists embraced one of the most-faced aspects of Las Vegas — an over-the-top party scene — as they hosted a poolsid...

1. Food Fan says:

The Chopped challenge will definitely be something different. For all of them.
    All of the contestants have a good opportunity to learn from this, especially why others lost and were chopped. They can this knowledge. But dont let it change them into being a different person. Just add it to the awareness of what are considered mistakes, and what was liked.
    For the chopped challenge, the Cooks hafta "wow" them with the ingredients they are given. This tests imagination. I am also looking forward in future competitions to see Cooks "wow" the judges with their own inventions.
    Chopped is intense pressure. They will need strong nerves.
    But when I keep the big picture in mind, I realize: doing bad one night in a given competition doesnt mean a contestant might now learn from it and grow. And also, someone who really holds up well here, may be disappointing later.
    Its still anybody's game.

• MaryPA says:

Hi Food Fan,
      Nah, its only a user reputation score. It takes a while for the points to add up. And I think they subtract if they give a minus. It gives us something to critique not that it matters but it's soooooo much fun.
      Giada's team hope they can come up the an italian flare. They must all have panic attacks... hahahahahahah. Have a nice holiday weekend. CIAO!!!

• Food Fan says:

Hi MaryPA,
        Thanks for the reply. :)
        Hm. I write quite a bit.
        I wonder if you hafta have like 100 posts under yer belt before it starts. Or maybe you've been on here longer than I have. (shrug).

I'm just glad we all get to give our input and share our opinions, at all.
        Its fun. And fun to read what others think.
        The Chopped challenge should be fun to watch. I wonder what they'll come up with for the basket of ingredients. Sometimes, I sit-n-think of my own wild combinations: (for example)
        Plums
        Crab meat
        Black licorice
        shredded carrots
        There. That oughtta get 'em! hehehehe
        Gads! The pressure all the contestants must be under, is incredible. After the chopped challenge, they all deserve two shots of Tequila. LOL
        Looking forward to watching next episode.
        Enjoy your weekend, too. See you around! :)

2. denjoe says:

I think the new (the voice) format was a cop out. Ive seen half these contestants like michelle and others on every other Food Network show like chopped and 24 hour restaurant battle ect. Telling contestants to be genuine when the Network doesn't follow that advice is unfortunate.

• ksponar says:

I dunno. I find this a better format than the last 2 seasons where they were trying to rip off MTV "shows" (or rather "drama-wh*ring garbage")

3. GatsbyGal says:

I looked forward to watching, so I could see Giada's big lion teeth. I love that big pearly white smile. Also, I love the way she pronounces Italian words, especially rrrrrriiicotta (rolling the r).

4. NoName says:

This is the first time I've watched this show. I wasn't a huge fan of Kara, but Judson is horrific. Did no one else notice that in his video he repeatedly described his dish as "salmon wrapped potato"???!! How could everyone overlook the fact that he didn't even properly explain what he made?! And the crying...give me a break. Completely phony, as is everything about him. He got away with not even doing what was asked of him in the challenge as well.

• Food Fan says:

Kara complained way-too-much. Dissing this and dissing that.
      If an oven malfunction's, that's different.
      Yes, there will be time's where you dont like an ingredient, or hafta do something you dont have experience in.
      Just give it yer best shot and see how good you can make it.

5. Food Fan says:

Speaking of crying, it reminds me of something else.
    It sure would be nice this yeaqr, if we could vote for whoever does best, and not vote for whoever has the best sob-story (the Pity vote). .i.e.."my dad owned a restaurant. He died and his last wish was that...someday..i would carry on...for him..for the kids...the neighborhood...the city..and on and on. Its SUCH a buzz-kill. No one wishes bad on anyone, but thats not at all why I watch anyone's show!
    Yer FOOD "Rocks!"--and i like YOU. Not yer childhood, health problems, divorce or history or family struggles. Thats what we have the nagazines up front at the grocery check-outs for.

6. amcken3 says:

IT'S TOO BAD KARA DIDN'T WOW THE JUDGES. I GET SOOOOOOO TIRED OF UNHEALTHY FOOD ON THE FOOD NETWORK. WE NEED A SHOW WITH A RAW FOOD CHEF!!! COME ON FOOD NETWORK GET WITH THE TIMES!!! MOST PEOPL ARE WISING UP TO HOW UNHEALTHY OUR WAY OF EATING IS IN AMERICA, WE NEED TO HAVE A CHEF SHOW US HOW TO MAKE SUPER HEALTHY DISHES THAT TASTE DELICIOUS! HELP US FOOD NETWORK P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Norma Collins says:

On the very first episode of hunting for the new Foodnetwork Star, they introduced everyone. When I seen Michele Ragussis my mind kept racing! I am still wondering where I have seen her. Was she ever on the show "Chopped?" I know I have seen here some where, I just don't know where! I live in West Texas so unless she has ever been through Texas--I don't known where it was, but I have seen her somewhere!!!

8. Kiki says:

I couldn't believe Kara was selected to go. Hands down she met the potato challenge and did great on her film promo on the potato. If you look at the entire round, all of the contestants were tripping up. I was happy to hear Susie mentioned she was glad to finally able to get to know Kara a little better in the exit challenge and felt this decision was definitely wrong. Kara was just getting into the grove with all facets of the competition. The smart decision at this point would be to give her a second chance. She was exceptionally poised and articulate and no doubt has great cooking talent. I absolutely love her philosophy on healthy living. The combination of a great Chef whose dedicated to strengthening families and friendships through great food and fitness is just what we all need to see. She's the real thing and the judges probably didn't expect that or perhaps didn't even know people like this exisited.