Team Giada Remains on Top: Your Week One Picks Revealed

by in Food Network Star, May 21, 2012

philip ippy aiona
The first week vote tally is in, and Team Giada has once again swept the top three spots of the Star Fan Vote. Laid-back Ippy Aiona took Martita Jara's first place spot this week with 21% of the vote. Still in the top three — but down 2% from last week was Martita — followed by Linkie Marais at 13%.

Team Giada had something to brag about this week as they took home their first win. Alton must be feeling the pressure, having been in the bottom two the first two weeks in a row. After coming off a win in the first episode, Team Bobby needs to regroup for week three as the finalists face one of their toughest challenges yet: a Chopped basket.

Why haven't we seen any members from Team Bobby or Team Alton in the top spots yet?

The in-season Fan Vote resets each week, so make sure to cast your vote for your favorite finalist up to 10 times per day.

Food Network Star, Season 10: A Decade of Dreams

What do you get when you put a dozen rivals in a pressure-packed environment, surround them with famed faces from the food world and ask them to compe...

1. wakanetwork says:

Congratulations! Go Team Giada!

2. KSinTulsa says:

In some aspects, I am seeing similarities and parallels between American Idol and FNS. Both have judges with varying personalities, stars coaching the contestants, contestants that are highly diverse (quirky, boring, handsome/attractive, talented, not talented). Maybe we will be voting for the winner soon?

3. wannabechef says:

Rat in the grass....Something is up with the Fan Favorite vote!!! How is it possible that Martita jumped from 17% to 23% overnight ( a matter of 5 hours)??? I was busy voting this morning, and Ippy was still in the lead...then suddenly out of nowhere (a matter of 5 hours), Martita jumped to the front of the pack???? Not only jumped to the front of the pack, but with a 2% lead (6% in 5 hours time)!!! Don't get it??

4. Guest says:

@ wannabechef I agree what is going on there? A HUGE change in vote percentage the day before the show? Fishy...

5. nono says:

Martita is completely fake she cliaims to be first generation Mexican but she is only half. I don't like peolple who lie to try to get ahead. You lost my vote

• martita says:

i do read the blogs as i like to follow peoples thoughts of the show and i would like to say to you Nono that i do appreciate your concern for my heritage and to clarify, my mother and father were both born and raised in Mexico! I AM first gerneration in THIS country! thank you :)

• martita says:

my mother and father were both born and raised in Mexico! I AM first gerneration in this country! nothing fake here!

• Jerilee says:

Are you an Italian grandfather?

• Food Fan says:

I think its best to let Martita explain for herself.
      I see no reason to doubt what she says. I would take what a contestant says in their Bio, at their word. I'm sure Food Network has their ways of checking-up on, and verifying people.
      I watched all of Martita's videos. I smiled over the part where she first met Giada.
      So nice when contestants read the viewer writings.
      There are several good contenders this year. For me, Martita is one of them,

6. stella says:

The ONLY 2 people who can bring something new and exciting to FN are Ippy and Justin; and I come down on the side of Ippy, because he is among other things, sexy. He reminds me of Raphael Nadal. And he can cook.