To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Last but not least, our final Star of the Day is Eric Lee from Team Bobby. Eric, 44, graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and now lives in Petaluma, California. He worked for 11 years as the executive chef of a winery before leaving to shoot Food Network Star.
Fun facts about Eric from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: He has cooked for Al Roker on the Today show, demonstrating wine-friendly dishes he developed for Simi Winery in Sonoma, Calif., like bucatini with crab.
- Dream-show concept: A travel and cooking show called "Fork in the Road." It's like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with ethnic restaurants.
- Secret ingredient: Mushrooms. His favorite variety is the trumpet royale, which he wraps in prosciutto and grills.
Get to know Eric in his Star bio video:
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist Eliminated from the Competition
- Star Report: Who Flunked Midterms and Who’s in Good Shape for the Second Half
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist to Go Home
- Star Recap: There’s a Lot to Love (and Hate) About Live Television