Star-a-Day: Eric Lee

by in Food Network Star, May 10, 2012

Eric Lee

To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.

Last but not least, our final Star of the Day is Eric Lee from Team Bobby. Eric, 44, graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and now lives in Petaluma, California. He worked for 11 years as the executive chef of a winery before leaving to shoot Food Network Star.

Fun facts about Eric from Food Network Magazine:

• Claim to fame: He has cooked for Al Roker on the Today show, demonstrating wine-friendly dishes he developed for Simi Winery in Sonoma, Calif., like bucatini with crab.
  • Dream-show concept: A travel and cooking show called “Fork in the Road.” It’s like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with ethnic restaurants.
  • Secret ingredient: Mushrooms. His favorite variety is the trumpet royale, which he wraps in prosciutto and grills.

Get to know Eric in his Star bio video:

Are you rooting for #TeamAlton, #TeamBobby or #TeamGiada? Who’s your early favorite among the Season 8 Star finalists? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

Caption It: Cha-Ching

Last week Food Network Star finalists embraced one of the most-faced aspects of Las Vegas — an over-the-top party scene — as they hosted a poolsid...

1. Angela says:

I can't believe Eric was the one to be let go!!! definitely made the wrong choice there!.

2. Alfredo says:

Seriously?! I think the saddest part was in the end he said he wished he hadn't pushed each dish so hard. On the contrary! I learned things from him, I haven't seen in all the years I watched this channel! He shouldn't regret his dishes, they may have been a time struggle for him, but I'm betting his knowledge he displayed will take him great places. Best of luck buddy!

3. Annalise says:

He was the best and most interesting chief on the show. They made a big mistake in letting him go. Invent some new twist and bring him back.

4. Renee says:

It was good to see how bothered Bobby Flay was that Eric was sent home. Let him see how pathetic
    this show has become. Eric was the best cook there, so obviously they are not looking for cooking
    skill. It is sad that the Food Network continues to let Susie make decisions on who gets picked
    and who is the most marketable. She has absolutely no clue on who the public would like to see
    on TV and learn from. I am not a fan of this format or the challenges that the contestants are being
    put through. Another disappointing season.

5. Robin says:

The first time I thought this show was a sham. Eric was the best chef there and likable. There were others far more deserving to go home and not Ippy either! We hope Eric had a job offer and forced them to send them home because that was the reason they made such a horrible decision. Eric or Ippy to go home with so many others lacking? Please. I can only hope Emily and Justin stay…..

6. Jessica says:

I really liked Eric..it's really disappointing to know that he got let go. His food was the best out of all the chefs, he had a warm, genuine, friendly personality. I found him to be one of the most likable on the show. He mentioned at the end something about his ego..really Eric appears to be a hard-working, selfless person. I don't see much ego at all and that is why I enjoyed watching Eric on-screen. Eric, if you're reading this, don't let this elimination stop you from pursuing your dream as a star. There are people out there who believe in you and would love to see your tv show. I'm really happy to have had the opportunity to watch a great person like you.