Just a few days remain until Saturday's Food Network Star casting special and Sunday’s season premiere, and you devoted fans already know that Season 8 is bigger and better than ever. Don’t get us wrong — we love each one of our talented past winners. But we’re willing to bet that Guy, Melissa, Aarti, Jeff and company are pretty envious of this year’s crop of finalists.
Three groups of five have been hand-picked by Alton Brown, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis and will be coached by their respective team leader all season long. Win or lose, working closely with one of these Food Network icons is the opportunity of a lifetime for any Star hopeful.
We want you fans at home to be a part of this exciting new season, too. Here’s a rundown of all the ways you can be part of the Star community throughout the season.
1. We’re kicking things off with a pre-premiere Facebook chat with Giada tomorrow, May 11, at 4pm EST. Ask her anything you’ve been dying to know about the new season, from what it was like to compete against Alton and Bobby to how she chooses her (amazing!) outfits for each day of filming.
2. While you’re chatting with Giada, check out our Star Central Facebook tab featuring special content. It’s all Star, all the time.
3. Play the "Who's Your Star?" game to compete against your friends and earn trophies for predicting who will stay and go each week. Check it out now and set your picks for Episode One.
4. During the show on Sunday nights, join in on our weekly Twitter parties featuring talent, trivia and prizes! Follow @FoodNetwork and share your love for #TeamAlton, #TeamBobby, #TeamGiada and just #Star in general.
5. We’ll also post exclusive images from the Star set on Instagram throughout the season. Follow us on the app to peek behind the scenes!
7. Check in on GetGlue to earn cool new Star stickers each week.
- Get the Recipes for the Finalists’ Last Food Network Star Dishes
- WATCH: Rob Cramps Damiano’s Style
- “I’m Getting to O.G. Status”: Guy Talks 10 Years of Food Network Stardom and Directing Finalists’ Pilots
- It’s Pilot Time with the Gold Standard for Food Network Star Success — Alex’s Star Report