Star-a-Day: Cristie Schoen

by in Food Network Star, May 8, 2012

Cristie Schoen

To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.

Today we spotlight the fifth member of Team Alton, 35-year-old Cristie Schoen. Growing up in a military family, Cristie loved cooking Cajun cuisine with her dad. Now she lives in New Orleans and aspires to open a cafe of her own, serving locally grown, nutritious cuisine.

Fun facts about Cristie from Food Network Magazine:

• Claim to fame: She has been on both sides of the camera: She appeared in movies like the horror flick Babysitter Wanted and cooked for the cast and crew of the TV series Big Love.
  • Dream-show concept: "Homegrown with Cristie Schoen." She'd follow food from the farm to the kitchen, and focus on healthful, kid-friendly cooking.
  • Secret ingredient: Hemp seeds. She loves the nutty flavor and sprinkles them on soup, chili and salad.

Get to know Cristie in her Star bio video:

Are you rooting for #TeamAlton, #TeamBobby or #TeamGiada? Who’s your early favorite among the Season 8 Star finalists? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. [...] here to read the rest: Star-a-Day: Cristie Schoen This entry was posted in Food Network and tagged alton, cooking, cuisine, day, facts, fame, love, [...]

2. So glad she's bringing hemp seeds to the Food Network. Hemp Seeds are a blast to use in cooking and baking. I wonder if she knows about Hippie Butter Hemp Seed Food Products.

3. Antoinette says:

Sorry you were the first to go Cristie. I do think you have something big to bring to the table. We have to look more into healthy eating and I am sure it can be interesting. Keep working your passion. It will pay off!

4. tampasok says:

Your approach to healthy cooking would hve been a good addition to FN lineup. Don't feel bad. Remember these same "experts" chose the sandwick king last season. What a loser he is.

• marsha says:

LOL totally agree...he annoyed the heck out of me...

• A. Kotto says:

I LOVE (!!!) Sandwich King. I didn't watch FNS last season but when I saw his show, I liked him a lot and was like, where the heck did they get this guy from!

5. John says:

You should have one keep trying You are GREAT! The "Sandwich King" Dosn't come close to you.You and Ippy are the two best and you should NOT have lost! I'm SORRY that happend!! : /! Get them next time! :D

6. lynn says:

I agree with you about healthy eating and I understand your passion. But there was something about your approach that left me flat. Sorry, can't explain what it was. But good luck

7. A. Kotto says:

I don't think anyone would dislike seeing a Make It Healthier show on the FN. But I'll say what the others haven't said. She was rude. She insulted her potential viewers instead of making them want to watch her.

8. Guest says:

Oh, I had such great hopes for Cristie! She attended my alma mater and had that whole Louisiana/Gulf Coast perspective - but healthy! However, I must say...I LOVE Jeff Mauro and his Sandwich King POV. I thought he was charming on last year's FNS and I've enjoyed his show - and his sandwiches are delicious! I like it that we, the public, get to choose this year's FNS (first time since Season 2, right?) - because then the next FNS is really someone WE want to see, not just who the bigwigs at FN want us to see.