To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today we spotlight the fifth member of Team Alton, 35-year-old Cristie Schoen. Growing up in a military family, Cristie loved cooking Cajun cuisine with her dad. Now she lives in New Orleans and aspires to open a cafe of her own, serving locally grown, nutritious cuisine.
Fun facts about Cristie from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She has been on both sides of the camera: She appeared in movies like the horror flick Babysitter Wanted and cooked for the cast and crew of the TV series Big Love.
- Dream-show concept: "Homegrown with Cristie Schoen." She'd follow food from the farm to the kitchen, and focus on healthful, kid-friendly cooking.
- Secret ingredient: Hemp seeds. She loves the nutty flavor and sprinkles them on soup, chili and salad.
Get to know Cristie in her Star bio video:
- WATCH: Comeback Kitchen Finalists’ Early Days of Stardom
- QUIZ: Which Food Network Show Would You Win?
- Exclusive: Giada on the “Ballet” of Camera Work, Plus Her Take on the Job of a Food Network Star
- Exclusive: Bobby on the Importance of Focus, the Meaning of Star Power and the Advice He Follows