To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Team Bobby's Kara Sigle is a 31-year-old caterer and fitness guru from Chicago. She learned to cook from her mom and likes to put a healthy spin on favorite tried-and-true dishes.
Fun facts about Kara from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She is a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader.
- Dream-show concept: Retro cooking. She'll dress up classic dishes like iceberg-lettuce wedge salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing.
- Secret ingredient: Butter-flavored shortening. Kara uses it in her pie crusts. "It's a texture thing. It's flaky and has nice butter flavor, like old-fashioned Southern pie."
Get to know Kara in her Star bio video:
- Food Network Star Finalists Answer: “Who’s Been Your Culinary Mentor So Far?”
- Comeback Kitchen According to Mentor Valerie: “This Is Like the Roughest Boot Camp You Could Ever Imagine”
- QUIZ: How Far Would You Go on Food Network Star?
- Comeback Kitchen Mentor Tyler Previews What’s Ahead: “I Always Pull for the Underdog”