To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Team Bobby's Kara Sigle is a 31-year-old caterer and fitness guru from Chicago. She learned to cook from her mom and likes to put a healthy spin on favorite tried-and-true dishes.
Fun facts about Kara from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She is a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader.
- Dream-show concept: Retro cooking. She'll dress up classic dishes like iceberg-lettuce wedge salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing.
- Secret ingredient: Butter-flavored shortening. Kara uses it in her pie crusts. "It's a texture thing. It's flaky and has nice butter flavor, like old-fashioned Southern pie."
Get to know Kara in her Star bio video:
- Get the Recipes for the Finalists’ Last Food Network Star Dishes
- WATCH: Rob Cramps Damiano’s Style
- “I’m Getting to O.G. Status”: Guy Talks 10 Years of Food Network Stardom and Directing Finalists’ Pilots
- It’s Pilot Time with the Gold Standard for Food Network Star Success — Alex’s Star Report