To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Twenty-eight-year-old Linkie Marais is Team Giada's resident baking queen. Linkie grew up in South Africa and moved with her family to Mississippi at age 16. This trained pastry chef and wedding cake expert now lives in Massachusetts.
Fun facts about Linkie from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She has decorated cakes for celebrity clients like Patrick Kennedy and Frankie Valli. The most challenging cake she ever made looked like a life-sized golf bag.
- Dream-show concept: Do-it-yourself cake decorating. "People have a hard time affording elaborate cakes," she says. She'd demonstrate all the essentials: how to ice, create borders and work with fondant.
- Secret ingredient: Butter. "I think I love butter more than Paula Deen does."
Get to know Linkie in her Star bio video:
- Exclusive Interview with Past Star Winner Aarti, Who’s Back for the Finalists’ Last Presentations
- Watch the Finale of Star Salvation
- WATCH: Emotional Family Reunions for the Final Four
- Seven-Ball Juggling Acts, the Food Network Star Pressure Cooker and Ingredient Flashbacks — Alex’s Star Report