To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today we meet Team Alton's quirky retro gal, 29-year-old Emily Ellyn. Emily grew up on a farm, trained at the Culinary Institute of America and Academie Internationale de Management in Paris and is now pursuing her Ph.D. in hospitality management.
Fun facts about Emily from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She's expanding Georgia-based Sublime Doughnuts into a worldwide franchise. She's working on opening shops in Bangkok and South Korea.
- Dream-show concept: "What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?", a show about cooking for loved ones. She grew up on a Christmas-tree farm and is very family-oriented.
- Secret ingredient: Bacon. She finds a way to put it in everything, including the crust for her pecan pie.
Get to know Emily in her Star bio video:
- Get the Recipes for the Finalists’ Last Food Network Star Dishes
- WATCH: Rob Cramps Damiano’s Style
- “I’m Getting to O.G. Status”: Guy Talks 10 Years of Food Network Stardom and Directing Finalists’ Pilots
- It’s Pilot Time with the Gold Standard for Food Network Star Success — Alex’s Star Report