To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today we meet Team Giada's Martita Jara, 35, an interior designer and passionate home cook who grew up in her family's Mexican restaurants in Southern California.
Fun facts about Martita from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She grew up in a restaurant family, but she has a magic touch with interiors. Every time she designed a home for a bachelor, he has ended up married or engaged within a year.
- Dream-show concept: "Mi Tortilla," named after her family's chain of Mexican restaurants; it would feature her specialties, like chiles rellenos and sautéed nopales.
- Secret Ingredient: Chorizo. She sneaks it into everything, even lasagna.
Get to know Martita in her Star bio video:
- QUIZ: Which Food Network Show Would You Win?
- Exclusive: Giada on the “Ballet” of Camera Work, Plus Her Take on the Job of a Food Network Star
- Exclusive: Bobby on the Importance of Focus, the Meaning of Star Power and the Advice He Follows
- Look Who’s Back: Meet the 7 Returning Rivals Competing on Comeback Kitchen