To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Judson Allen, 30, runs his own catering company in Chicago. Having recently lost 100 pounds, he focuses on healthy food, but also loves to cook with the Creole flavors he learned from his grandfather. Like his team leader, Alton Brown, Judson has a penchant for bow ties.
Fun facts about Judson from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: He hosts local cooking demonstrations that are broadcast on the Internet, and he also catered for former Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb's child's baptism.
- Dream-show concept: "The architect of flavor": It would emphasize New Orleans Creole cuisine, like crab-stuffed shrimp and grits.
- Secret ingredient: Creole spice blend. He makes his own with cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, fennel and more.
Get to know Judson in his Star bio video:
- QUIZ: Which Food Network Show Would You Win?
- Exclusive: Giada on the “Ballet” of Camera Work, Plus Her Take on the Job of a Food Network Star
- Exclusive: Bobby on the Importance of Focus, the Meaning of Star Power and the Advice He Follows
- Look Who’s Back: Meet the 7 Returning Rivals Competing on Comeback Kitchen