To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Team Bobby gets today's spotlight with Michele Ragussis, a 42-year-old executive chef. Michele lives and works in Brooklyn, but her roots are in New England.
Fun facts about Michele from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: The New England seafood-obsessed chef appeared on Chopped and won an episode of 24 Hour Restaurant Battle.
- Dream-show concept: A food talk show. She'd interview all kinds of people: celebrity chefs, grandmas, movie stars and more.
- Secret ingredient: Portuguese chorizo. She adds it to soups and stuffed clams.
Get to know Michele in her Star bio video:
- “I’m Getting to O.G. Status”: Guy Talks 10 Years of Food Network Stardom and Directing Finalists’ Pilots
- It’s Pilot Time with the Gold Standard for Food Network Star Success — Alex’s Star Report
- Caption It: High-Five to the Mentors
- Exclusive Interview with Past Star Winner Aarti, Who’s Back for the Finalists’ Last Presentations