Star-a-Day: Michele Ragussis

by in Food Network Star, May 1, 2012

Michele Ragussis

To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.

Team Bobby gets today's spotlight with Michele Ragussis, a 42-year-old executive chef. Michele lives and works in Brooklyn, but her roots are in New England.

Fun facts about Michele from Food Network Magazine:

• Claim to fame: The New England seafood-obsessed chef appeared on Chopped and won an episode of 24 Hour Restaurant Battle.
  • Dream-show concept: A food talk show. She'd interview all kinds of people: celebrity chefs, grandmas, movie stars and more.
  • Secret ingredient: Portuguese chorizo. She adds it to soups and stuffed clams.

Get to know Michele in her Star bio video:

Are you rooting for #TeamAlton, #TeamBobby or #TeamGiada? Who’s your early favorite among the Season 8 Star finalists? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Damaris, from the Rebel

1. Maya says:

Does anyone else think Chef Lynn Crawford is hot too?? I hear her show 'Pitching In' is coming back...yay!! She's another 'firecracker'... and I loove it!!

2. Dina says:

Michele, tonight was your night. Your bio says your fave ingredient is portuguese chorizo (linguica) and in new england cooking it. I keep waiting for you to bring that influence in. I am a NJ cook and love my seafood (I am italian too) but never really learned how to do seafood or chicken for that matter right; until I dated a man from the Ironbound section of Newark and spent time with his mother! Please bring the Portugues fisherman into your story for Rhode Island cooking. I actually outlasted my boyfriends dad on a fishing boat, he was getting sick and I was having a blast!

3. elgee says:

Michelle:
    Chorizo is Mexican. The Portuguese equivalent is Linguisca. I'm voting for you.

4. Xacto45 says:

I am allergic to seafood, but STILL voted for you!! Good luck!

5. Woodey says:

Hi Michele! I rooted for you on chopped and I was so excited to see you in this years Star competition. I have been rooting and now voting for you, I would really love to see you get your show. I like the theme of the show and I am dying to watch you make clam chowder and learn your way of preparing it. I was inspired by the dish you made on your pilot. The next time I go to the store I will be buying the ingredients and making the dish myself. I LOVE SEAFOOD AND ESPECIALLY CLAMS!! I can eat the little buggers all day, steamed and dipped in a garlic butter sauce.

6. carol says:

Michelle way to represent New Englad girl!! I coulod NEVUH get sick of watching you. omg I think I have a girl crush LOL IGGY the idoits who are negative..work it you got skills baby girl HUGGS!

7. Sue says:

Michele...
    I have a serious crush on you.

Wishing you great luck tonight...

Sue

8. Tai pie says:

Yu are my favorite chef and personally I think you should have won!!!!! And I was wondering if you had a restraunt.

9. Marcia Hall says:

Michele is obviously loaded with talent. She can cook, and she can definitely relate to an audience. She has something endearing about her. Maybe it's her sense of humor, or maybe it's simply that she's being herself. I get so tired of all the "chef-tettes" who come out in their low-cut tops, caring little about cooking and more interested in entertaining the men. Michele cares about teaching us about New England and about how to cook, and that's what I'm looking for. I will vote for Michele over and over because she has what it takes!