To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today, meet Team Alton's 27-year-old culinary daredevil, Justin Warner. A self-taught cook, he's the chef-owner of a Brooklyn restaurant.
Fun facts about Justin from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: He writes elaborate rap songs about wine and has performed them at Food Network's New York City Wine & Food Festival and the Taste Festival in Los Angeles.
- Dream-show concept: Think Conan with midnight snacks — a late-night show that's fun and topical and a little less family-friendly than the typical cooking show.
- Secret ingredient: Fish sauce. Justin uses it in his tomato sauce and everything else: "It produces umami," he says.
Get to know Justin in his Star bio video:
- Anne Burrell Previews Her Star Appearance with Been-There-Done-That Advice for Working on a Team
- #LookWhoIsBack: Matthew Sets His Sights on Star Salvation
- From the Competition to Your Kitchen: 1-Ingredient Marinades
- Happy Birthday, America! The Death of a Rib Eye, Lessons in Japanese and the Dials of Doom — Jeff’s Star Report