To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today it's Team Bobby's turn in the spotlight as we meet Nikki Martin, a spunky 31-year-old food and beverage consultant from West Hollywood, California.
Fun facts about Nikki from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She played a Tri Pi sorority girl in the 2002 movie Sorority Boys.
- Dream-show concept: Comfort food with a twist. She'd make traditional American favorites like chili and fried chicken, with unusual global accents.
- Secret ingredient: Beer. She poaches eggs in Guinness, cooks cheese sauce with Belgian ale and makes Chimay ice cream.
Get to know Nikki in her Star bio video:
- “I’m Pretty Sure I’ll Never Forget It” — Katie Lee’s Live-TV War Story, Plus How to Share the Spotlight and Multitask
- From the Competition to Your Kitchen: How to Make a Smash
- “The Food Processor Fumble,” Reunion Ramen for Aunt Bea and the Best Web Series of All Time — Jeff’s Star Report
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist to Go Home