To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we’re introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don’t miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today it's Team Bobby's turn in the spotlight as we meet Nikki Martin, a spunky 31-year-old food and beverage consultant from West Hollywood, California.
Fun facts about Nikki from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: She played a Tri Pi sorority girl in the 2002 movie Sorority Boys.
- Dream-show concept: Comfort food with a twist. She'd make traditional American favorites like chili and fried chicken, with unusual global accents.
- Secret ingredient: Beer. She poaches eggs in Guinness, cooks cheese sauce with Belgian ale and makes Chimay ice cream.
Get to know Nikki in her Star bio video:
- Comeback Kitchen According to Mentor Valerie: “This Is Like the Roughest Boot Camp You Could Ever Imagine”
- QUIZ: How Far Would You Go on Food Network Star?
- Comeback Kitchen Mentor Tyler Previews What’s Ahead: “I Always Pull for the Underdog”
- Recipes You Can Count On: Bobby’s and Giada’s Best Plates