To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we're introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Food Network Star premiere on Sunday, May 13, at 9pm/8c. Don't miss the casting special on Saturday, May 12, at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist’s road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leaders.
Today we're heading over to Team Giada to meet Yvan Lemoine, a 30-year-old New York chef who's originally from Venezuela.
Fun facts about Yvan from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: He has worked at old-guard New York French restaurants La Caravelle and Le Cirque 2000. For his current job at the French Consulate, the Venezuela native once had to sculpt a castle out of food.
- Dream-show concept: "American tapas," like chili-cheese pigs in blankets. "With small dishes, you're more likely to try new things," he says.
- Secret ingredient: Liquid smoke. "Living in New York, I cook indoors most of the year. This adds that grill flavor without a grill."
Get to know Yvan in his Star bio video:
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist Eliminated from the Competition
- Star Report: Who Flunked Midterms and Who’s in Good Shape for the Second Half
- One-on-One with the Latest Food Network Star Finalist to Go Home
- Star Recap: There’s a Lot to Love (and Hate) About Live Television