In just a few weeks, you'll get to know the 15 new finalists on Season 8 of Food Network Star. Catch the casting special on Saturday, May 12 at 9pm/8c for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at each finalist's road to Star-dom, including footage of their final one-on-one auditions with their respective team leader.
To give you a sneak peek at the personalities of Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada, we're introducing a finalist per day leading up to the bigger-than-ever Star premiere on Sunday, May 13 at 9pm/8c.
Today, we kick things off with Alton's fellow Southerner, Martie Duncan, a "slightly over 40"-year-old entertaining enthusiast from Birmingham, Alabama.
Fun facts about Martie from Food Network Magazine:
- Claim to fame: Martie has been shot at, beaten up and run over in her previous job as a Birmingham police officer. More recently, she traveled the world to play polo.
- Dream-show concept: Stress-free entertaining. "Honestly, you can take a frozen lasagna, bake that sucker and sprinkle really good Parmesan over it. A party doesn't have to be perfect."
- Secret ingredient: Cayenne. She spikes a lot of dishes with it, including dessert.
Get to know Martie in her Star bio video:
- QUIZ: Which Food Network Show Would You Win?
- Exclusive: Giada on the “Ballet” of Camera Work, Plus Her Take on the Job of a Food Network Star
- Exclusive: Bobby on the Importance of Focus, the Meaning of Star Power and the Advice He Follows
- Look Who’s Back: Meet the 7 Returning Rivals Competing on Comeback Kitchen