Sandwich King

by in Food Network Star, August 15, 2011

Sandwich King Jeff Mauro

We have a winner! Jeff Mauro is Food Network's Star. Congratulations, Jeff — you've earned every bit of your success.

Fans, thank you so much for watching this season and for your participation here at the Star Blog. Good, bad and indifferent — you have let us know exactly what you're thinking. The team at Food Network has enjoyed hearing from all of you.

Be sure to join Jeff for a live chat on Food Network's Facebook wall Wednesday at 1:15pm/12:15c. And, of course, watch the series premiere of Jeff's new show, Sandwich King, Sunday at 11:30am/10:30c.

Caption It: Cha-Ching

Last week Food Network Star finalists embraced one of the most-faced aspects of Las Vegas — an over-the-top party scene — as they hosted a poolsid...

1. Kay says:

Congratulations to Jeff and I hope Susie would also get a show in the coming months on The Food Network and so would Vic even if it's on The Food Channel and he could also probably appear on Chopped / (Champions)

2. Kay says:

Congratulations to Jeff . I also hope that Susie would get a show on The Food Network and so should Vic , even if it's on The Food Channel but I would prefer The Food Network since I don' t get The Food Channel

3. Eli says:

It is hard to figure which is more ridiculous, a guy who wants to do an entire food network show series on sandwiches or the idiotic judges who put him there. Do they really think that food network viewers do not know how to make a sandwich; or an more foolish idea, that people who do not know how to make a sandwich are actually watching this network? LOL.

The days of the likes of Aarti, Melissa and Guy are so over. This winner could be a sign that the “Food Network Star” show, their judges and producers are off the mark and all of them should be updating their resumes. What in the world were they thinking, sandwiches, really? Is that the best they've got to offer? Good luck to them, but I cannot imagine many who would be even remotely interested.

4. sarmenti says:

You were doing great right up to the point you switched sandwich. Bad transition! Keep working!

5. Linda A. says:

I understand the concept of gourmet sandwiches/sand. meals. I liked the part of the show where he went into the restaurant a lot. In this particular show some things needed to be explained beforehand. The 2 days needed to marinate the sandwich add ins, the 3-4 hrs. in the oven for the meat (why not slow cook?) and then there was no transition to the add'l panninis. Just some working out of details I think. Congratulations to Jeff on the win, and as usual we will see some of the others doing a show here and there as well.

6. Hunter says:

I can't watch a show where the person who is the host can't pronounce the title properly.

The word is SANDWICH not SAMWICH. There is nothing more annoying that an "expert" who can't even pronounce his area of expertise properly.

7. Jenny says:

Yay! I'm glad there's going to be a show for the Sandwich King! I will watch it. Who are all these crazy people who aren't going to watch Jeff's show just becasue it's about sandwiches? He's going to do more than just spread mustard on bread and slap on deli turkey and cheese and call it done. Look at the sandwich he made for the pilot? Who wouldn't want to try that sandwich? It looked awesome! And who doesn't eat a sandwich? It's a great idea for a show, and I know I'll enjoy watching Jeff. By the way... I watch Melissa D'Arabian all the time, and I am confident that Jeff will do as well as she did.

8. prettypru says:

I feel like I'm on acid watching the show, the camera work is horrible, looks like there are trails all over!!!!! Also, I don't know if it just because he's new but I'm bored with the show. I don't mind the sandwich concept but Jeff your missing something in this first episode!! I agree Susie was so cute...

9. Kathy says:

I was pulling for Jeff all along and was sure he'd win. His first show was great! I can't stop thinking about that easy Italian Beef. My husband can't stand chokey dry sandwiches. He will love Jeff's Italian Beef sandwich. I can't wait to see what he'll do next. Cheers to Jeff and the Food Network. I think you have a winner.

10. Ruth Payne says:

Love your show have already learned some new tricks from watching your show.