Caption It: Look Who’s Back

by in Food Network Star, August 5, 2011
Iron Chef battle sous chefs
Your Caption Here

No, this is not a recycled image from a previous episode. This sneak peek shot was taken on the set of Sunday’s episode of Star, during which the most recently eliminated contestants – Chris, Penny, Jyll and Whitney – return as their former fellow finalists’ sous chefs in an Iron Chef battle.

Don’t let their calm demeanor here fool you, though. The competition gets heated in Kitchen Stadium as these four join forces with their once-rivals in order to impress Iron Chef Michael Symon, Alton Brown and the selection committee. Will the remaining contestants be satisfied with their sous chefs, or will the latter add chaos and distraction to the already-complicated challenge?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to see whose cuisine reigns supreme, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this Kitchen Stadium moment in the comments below.

Only two episodes to go! You can still cast your Fan Favorite Vote up to 10 times per day.

Caption It: Anything Can Happen

1. JimH says:

It really looks like its between Jeff and Suzie, but I am giving the edge to Suzie. Jeff's POV is too narrow and that really showed itself in this IC challenge. There was just not enough variety here to warrant a show.

Vic is just a little too over amateurish and he would be a project for the producers. I am not sure they are looking for projects.

Mary Beth does kind of grow on you and I like her but her lack of kithchen skills howed itself this week.

2. Mindy says:

Does anyone agree that Penny intentionally tried to sabottage Mary Beth? at least the judges noticed it.Definetly a poor loser.

• Kathy says:

She definitely did... it was more than obvious... I just can't believe that they didn't can her immediately. They were on set so there were plenty of other cooks around who could have stepped in. Penny is an arrogant and selfish human being who doesn't care who she runs over to get what she wants..but this will definitely (I hope!) finish off any thoughts of anyone wanting to hire her for a TV show, can you imagine how busy their HR department would be if she were hired?!

3. Faye says:

I think Mary Beth would have gone home last night no matter what. However, I hope I never have to see Penny again. That woman is just mean. She has been right from the very start. I don't care how good she can cook. I would NEVER watch a show with her on it. Sorry but she is a bitch.

4. Harry says:

i don't see any "Star" in this group. Sandwich KIng...............snore. Suzie.................Mexican food? Aren't people trying to escape from Mexico every day? Vic...........nice guy, but looks like he belongs in a circus side show. I still don't know what kind of food is his speciatty. Momma's Boy?? What does that mean?

5. Nita says:

Penny was brutal last night. I feel bad for Mary-Beth, cuz she didn't get a fair shot. Jeff didn't do as well as I thought and I certainly didn't expect him to be in the bottom 2. I'm happy for Susie though. She should be proud of herself.

6. grace kort cupcake says:

Penny is so evil! She was going sooooo slow just so that Mary Beth would have a bad dish. Penny, what part of "teamwork" don't you understand???

7. secret says:

orchid would've been better than all of them

8. Sondra says:

This season isn't the best. I'll miss Mary Beth and her Sunday Dinner concept. She's a sweetie. Vic's Mom's Boy is neat. Americanize Mexican food...enough of the South-of-the-border menu.
    But, I don't like Jeff's King Of Sandwiches. If I'm going to all that work, it certainly won't be for a sandwich. That's baloney. Who who is going to slave away for who knows how long, extend the food budget, and end up with a mere sandwich? Not me, no waty.

• Sondra says:

Oppps, that ending was to be "Not me, no way"...sorry folks.

• diane says:

No apologies necessary, happens to all of us especially on Wi-Fi, however I would like to point out in reading your blog your use of the character title "King Of Sandwiches" I believe a more suitable name would be KING O' SAMMIE. Sorry folks, I don't blame the players, I blame the game!

9. Grandma Joyce says:

Think about how difficult it would be- to be the sous chef, the helper chef, to the contestant who is in the position where you really wanted to be. Again, to Whitney, Chris, and Jyll, you all did that so professionally and with such grace. Awesome, to all three.

10. zugzwang says:

From a management standpoint, loosing Whitney and not having her in the Iron Chef setting was a mistake. If the judges did not want a Rachael Ray 'look alike', (Other than looking a little alike, she obviously was different than Rachael.), then don't put her on the show to begin with. Obviously Bobby Flay has said many times that if you can't cook, you can't go on, yet Mary Beth went on. Nice gal, probably makes a good news reporter in some arena, but didn't cook well and not good as a show host.. Whitney could do both cooking and camera. She was obviously talented.. Vic, Jeff and Miss Suzie all are equally trainable. Mary Beth although cute and serious, would never have worked out in that regard. I'm fine with whoever wins now, but very disappointed in the judging this season. Seeing Penny again, did NOT take me to that happy place, although I am sure she could make some therapist happy one day. I go now, to sulk a little.