Caption It: And Then There Were 6

by in Behind the Scenes, Food Network Star, July 22, 2011
Your Caption Here

How do you top last week’s shocking double elimination on Star? With a trip to New York City, a visit from Ina Garten and an on-air spot on the Rachael Ray show, of course. This Sunday, the top six hit the Big Apple and face their next round of Camera and Star Challenges, which include a cooking demonstration in front of a live studio audience.

In this behind-the-scenes sneak peek, some finalists look pretty fired up. Who or what is in front of them? Tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out. In the meantime, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Who’s your favorite finalist so far? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

A Letter to Lenny, from the Rebel

1. Innisfamily says:

"wow, look at that, Bob Tuschman really knows how to dance"

oh and ps...if Whitney ends up winning, we in this household will def think the show is def FIXED..Susie has been way more consistent in personality and food chops than Whitney has, yet all of a sudden, they "focus" on Whitney talking on the phone to people (why not show others doing this) and then she starts being lil miss sunshine and winning challenges??? Also Bob Tuschman has been giving her props many times, even when her food and performance were both bad, she is coming across as not genuine in my opinion..Susie, Jeff, Vic, Jyll, they seem to be the real deal...yet all of a sudan Whitney out of the blue is a pro! seems a lil off to me...

• Diddle says:

I completley disagree, Miss Negativity!!!

• Kelly says:

I guess you missed that part in the last show where Bob was questioning whether Whitney could hold the interest of 100 million viewers? And they show little backstage snippets of all the contestants. How is Whitney talking on the phone any different than Jeff pulling out pictures of his kid or Susie practicing her lines in the mirror?

• Innisfamily says:

Hey it's ok to disagree, not being negative, it's just an observation. Anyway I said "IF" and Bob is always saying things like "Whitney has so much to give" even when she was at the bottom, Just "seems" a lil odd to me

• Grandma Joyce says:

My son seems to feel Whitney has been chosen to be the winner. He was correct last year when he said the same of Aarti. So, I don't know. I do know she kind of reminds me of Amy Findley or Lisa Garza who both created excellent, beautifully presented dishes, but could not seem to overcome the seemed stiffness when on camera. Amy's cooking chops were good but she seemed so uncomfortable on camera. By the way, speaking of camera shyness, where is Big Daddy's show?

• Ginger says:

Maybe Bob was saying that because he could see the potential and star quality in her. Like Bob, I feel she has the potential to be a good teacher and celebrity chef.

• Ginger says:

I disagree with Innisfamily. I think Whitney may be a little stiff now but if she gets chosen to be the NFNS, I believe she could overcome this and be a good host. Practice makes perfect. What is important is I (and the judges) believe she has star power but she needs to work on her presentation in front of the camera. She does cook up some good food. not all the time but most of the time. I do like Susie, Vic and Jyll. I think the judges seem to favor Susie the most.

2. iontour says:

Where's Orchid??

3. ushighlanders says:

On Rachel Ray's show...could that guy Jeff stop saying "sammich"!!??!!
    I cringed every time he said it. Please, it is a sandwich!

• ChrisB says:

Why isn't it alright for Jeff to call his food creation a "sammich" when RR calls her sandwich concoctions "sammies"?

• steve says:

he has never said sammich. turn up your volume

• Ginger says:

I thought he said "sand-wich" but since he said it really quickly, it sounded like sammich. I agree, turn up your volume!!

• LindaSta says:

I find some of Rachel's made up words irritating, but overall like her show and her recipes. She has some really good ideas for making food prep simpler and faster. So I overlook the silly words and go for the parts I really like. No one is perfect. So if the overall package is good, then I just deal with the rest.

• BV52 says:

i agree Linda. Some of the words concocted are just plain silly but I have learnt quite a lot from her and enjoy her show. I just wish someone can put a tub behind her for all the salt she throws over her shoulder, it can salt up a nation !! LOL!!

• attheamericantable says:

I agree - Rachel's trying for her next word in the dictionary...Two news flashes girlfriend: 1. If college kids make a drinking game out of EVOO it is NOT a compliment! 2. My mother has been calling thickish soups/thinnish stews stoups/stewps FOREVER!!! (She's 74!) so you did NOT make that up!

4. MsJS says:

I'm laughing at Maria Russo's use of the word "shocking."

What was shocking?

That it was a double elimination? No, we've seen two contestants go in one week before. Plus, the trailer indicated two would go. So no shock there.

That Chris and Penny got eliminated? No. Relief, maybe, but not shock.

I'd guess maybe Bobby Flay's muttering under his breath, which seemed to bother some,but that apparently got edited out. If that was it, it's gone now.

Anyone else know?

As to a picture caption, "Susie, pretend you've won."

• jackrenfro says:

Actually, I thought Bobby's comment (with his head down) was spot on.

• JimH says:

The only thing shocking about it is that it took them as long as it did for them to get rid of two losers, Penny and Chris.

5. Paul says:

"chefs, we've decided to give Penny another chance."

• English says:

And they would be smiling? I think not.

• English says:

And they would be smiling? I seriously doubt that.

• subdjoe says:

Well, that would give them two people who know their way around a kitchen.

• Susi says:

YUCK NOt funny! She stinks the place up and is ugly too.

• Bob T says:

I gave a thumbs up because I think you meant that as a joke and that's why all the contestants are laughing.

• LindaSta says:

Paul!!! BIte your tongue!

• chris says:

NEVER give Penny another chance ... !!! A real drama queen, a little haggy/snippy, and does not come across as very likeable most of the time. I would NEVER watch her show ... I know she may be a good chef, but that is not all their is to a cooking show - you actually need to LIKE the person you are watching. Even when standing in front of the judges for elimination, she never smiled - had that sour puss look on her face. She may have seemed to have gotten a little 'softer' the last wk or so, but that could just be a trick ... so glad she is finally gone!

• Myowntime says:

that was funny! (glad Penny's gone, but your caption rocks!)

6. Bethany says:

"Susie, seeing the judges displeasure with some of the contestants, attempts to fly below their radar..."

7. diane says:

" Contestants meet " Rach" ..." im sure everbody remembers that episode. can't help it, now even I call her "Rach" no offense of course it just stuck. The Racheal Ray episodes are the highlight for me. The contestants get a real feel of what is to come. NOT easy is it. It's like getting thrown into the fire without a frying pan.

8. Mary says:

On the episode 8 preview, four are shown awaiting their verdicts: Mary Beth, Vic, Jyll and Whitney.... apparently we already know that Jeff and Susie are safe. What's with the "heads up?"

9. brian says:

Susie, being the only one to have not seen the last 2 years of NFNS, is surprised to discover that they will cook a dinner party for Ina and then appear on RR's show.

Come on FN, with all the creative people you have working there can't you come up with original challenges?

10. Diddle says:

Caption- "Contestants laugh and watch in glee as Bobby F. draws all over a picture of the recently eliminated Penny Davidi"