Caption It: Goofing Around

by in Behind the Scenes, June 24, 2011
Your Caption Here

On the next episode of Star, headband-clad Jeff and usually stoic Justin B. share a lighthearted moment on the set of Cougar Town — where their next Star Challenge goes down. What's going on here? Are the guys trying to impress Paula or Courteney Cox with an interesting form of martial arts?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch what happens next, we’re challenging you, Star fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this silly moment in the comments below.

Hometown Pride: Chris Reps Cleveland with Themed T-Shirts

Just like their culinary points of view, Food Network Star finalists' wardrobes are unique to their individual tastes and styles. You've likely notic...

1. ToriCat says:

Justin: "My stoic demeanor is really a disguise for my secret life as a ninja!"
    Jeff: "Well, I have ninja sandwitch skills, so take that!"

2. Phil says:

Don't drip that nasty nasal sweat on me bud, or I'll bust a ninja move on you!

3. Valerie says:

why bother watching?! Wiki already shows who it is and when everyone else is sent home! That sucks!

4. Ed Korson says:

If Penny by some rare chance wins, I think I will stop watching Food Network all together. She is abrasive, evil, cut throat, and the true meaning the the "Evil "B'! How you have let this mean spirited pit bull get this far I don't know. She can take her stilletos in the kitchen and put them where the sun doesn't shine.

• Jan says:

How does your rant on Penny relate to the current topic of the blog. I don't like her either, but I would like to propose a boycott on Penny publicity. The point has been made loud and clear - now it's just redundant and gives her attention she doesn't deserve. Can we please change the subject and pay attention to the cooking and to the contestants who deserve a place in the discussion.

• Policing of a blog says:

Who are you to try to control another person's thoughts on this blog? Save your policing for grammatical and spelling errors. I'll give you a freebie... Penny is a bytch,:

• Jan says:

Not trying to police, just suggesting that all the ranting about someone so badly disliked actually gives her undue attention and more power. And frankly the over-the-top nastiness in her direction is just as ugly as what is being complained about. What that about pots and kettles?

• der says:

The fact that you go around suggesting what people should or shouldn't be talking about, and then go around saying, "the nastiness is just as ugly as what is being complained about" is pretty hypocritical in itself.

Don't tell people what to do!

• Rude Kitty says:

Many thanks, Ed, for putting to words what I wanted badly to say. Blows me away how even on Food Network now, star quality seems to be judged based on the level of abuse put forth. I will never tune in to a show with her in it. I am pulling mightily for Mary Beth:)

5. Kevin W. says:

Justin: When do I learn how to punch?

Jeff: Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?

(Thank you Karate Kid for those lines)

6. S. Keyes says:

Penny is a snake, why in the world would anyone want to watch a devious hateful, person like her cook food. I would rather watch someone like Orchid whose personality shines through, even if she couldn't boil water!!! (But, I know she can cook) If Penny wins I will quit watching!!

7. Valerie says:

does no one care that wiki already has teh results out??

• Jan says:

Is there any way of knowing if what wiki has is valid? I've been kind of operating on the assumption that it's a scam, but I really don't know how we can tell.

• Jan says:

Is there anyway for us to tell if the wiki report is valid? I've been operating on the assumption that it may be a scam, but I really don't know how to tell.

• Adio says:

Wikipedia? I don't know if it's been edited, but I don't see the eliminations listed past tonight's (June 26).

• Valerie says:

look it up under the next food network star. Scroll down to Season 7. They are listed in order from bottom to top as to who got eliminated when. The person on top is the winner. I just checked, they are ALL there. But don't look if you don't want to know. I came across it inadvertantly and was livid!

• Erica says:

Has it been accurate for any other seasons? I mean have you seen this with last season and it showed the correct finalist? Because if so, that's saddening :[

• Adiopink says:

Wow - If that's really the order, FoodNetwork has blown it (with leaking the results and with that alleged winner). After the first four episodes, I can't imagine that person coming out on top, or wanting to watch that person's show. Kinda makes me say what's the point of watching Food Network Star anymore.

• Adio says:

If the Wiki line-up/spoilers were true, Whitney Chen was next in line, predicted to be voted off last night. For now, I'm leaning toward the camp that guesses the Wiki accuracy is mostly a coincidence.

• 000 says:

Wikipedia has the results out for Worst Cooks in America too, before it was done airing. This isn't unexpected or anything. It isn't like Food Network Star is live.

Unfortunate, though. At least now the people reading this know not to look if they don't want to know what happens. As for everyone else, like people curious about what the show is and etc.. that really sucks.

8. lrd says:

Chris is a doofus! Mature??? Probably will never achieve that ! How did he even make it on this show with sooo many amazing cooks out there - and why is he still there?

• Jan says:

Tonite he was a surprise - still not in the top and food still not up to par, but not as bad as he was. He definitely benefitted from Orchid's guiding hand on his behavior. Code Blue saved him.

9. Rhiannon says:

Ha! My Kung fu is stronger than yours Grasshopper!

10. Rhiannon says:

Do these contestants really watch the show? The game playing and back stabbing is not what a Food Network Star is! Look at Guy, Bobby, Giata, Paula, Emeril...all these STARS have personality and show it every day. It is who they are, it is part of their makeup! There are only three contestants now who show any thing like STAR quality! They are Jyll, Orchid and Ms Chen, but Vic is starting to improve!

• LindaSta says:

I agree with your assessment. I'm hoping these four continue to show strength and develop their appeal. I am not fond of that 'growth' schtick, but I do think they all need to show a bit more of their personalities.

• Beatrice says:

Actually, there are plenty of Food Network Stars that I don't like, particularly Bobby Flay. And the Food Network lost THEIR BEST STAR, Anthony Bourdain.

• LindaSta says:

Now, see? That is exactly why they need a variety of personalities and styles, I really like Flay but understand he isn't every one's favorite. i can take only so much of Fieri but do undestand his appeal to others. I love Ina, Paula and Rachael and Melissa. Not eveyone does, but I'm OK with that as long as others let me enjoy my favorites while they enjoy theirs. It would be a boring world if we all loved th same things