Serena vs. ME

by in Behind the Scenes, Videos, July 28, 2010

No, it’s not as dramatic as it sounds – but, Serena definitely had words for me when we were reunited at The Next Food Network Star After Party.

Oh, and yes – she did address the unforgettable “singing” moment.

Watch the clip, it’s pretty funny.

Watch Video Now
Click Image for Video

Watch: Top Outtakes from Star Salvation

If you've seen an episode of Star Salvation, you probably know that it takes much more time to actually film one episode than the 10 to 13 minutes tha...

Comments (2,357)

1. Thank you for your articles about your web site. Learn Turkish company would like to follow.

2. Jan says:

She was a snot from the get go. No cooking skills and that constant talking was annoying. Imagine her on a show everyday. OMG.

• Prudence says:

her food didn't look at all
      she has no confidence on what she is doing

• hannah says:

i agree, her heart loved cooking but her face didnt belong on the camera

• Penelope says:

I thought Brianna was the snot. I loved her style of cooking but, she came across VERY "know it all" and cold. Then I saw her on "After Party" and she had a tough time growing up, you understood her a little more BUT we all went through things growing up. Maybe she has learned a lesson now and for some reason I do not feel we have seen the last of her.
      When she made the comments about Tuna Cassarole I felt very insulted especially since she had never tried it. My father was a coal miner and we had tuna cassarole at least once a week sometimes twice. I made it the other night but used smoked gouda and the Starkist brand of tuna in garlic and olive oil, it wasn't bad. Maybe Kelsey has truly changed her mind and people can see it's okay to put cheese and fish/seafood together on occassion.

• Dotty42 says:

I don't think Serena was ever a "snot." She got along with most of the gals, other than Brianna who was a little 'look at me" personality who should have gone earlier than she did.

3. Jan says:

They seem to all like Aarit and honestly would MOST of us cook Asia type food when it is so in expensive to dine out and have an evening away from home

4. Efraim Lujan says:

That was pretty funny and what I liked about the piece is that it shows that there are seemingly no hard feelings. When you read some of the fans reactions, sometimes the comments are just cruel. I like the fact it's not personal, it is just about who did the best job and this blog shows it.

5. Jan says:

How is she an attorney when her English is horrible

• Ferb says:

Attorneys don't only exist in English speaking countries or for English speaking communities.

6. Teresa H says:

She is very pretty, but I couldn't understand a word she said.

7. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tanya Edwards and Tanya Edwards, FoodNetwork. FoodNetwork said: Star Judge Bob Tuschman talks about seeing Serena again at the Star After Party. Get the details! http://ow.ly/2hLHB [...]

8. Howie says:

I really think that Serena is pretty talented..If you watch her show on you tube...She really is calm and knows what she's doin.

• sam says:

youtube is not a national tv channel, and serena was always talking like a parrot..annoying

• Susan says:

I watched Doreen on youtube and thought the same thing - talented, confident, funny - quite different from the portrayal on NFNS.

9. Gillian says:

Sorry but I am sooooo sick of hearing Aarti's Parti.. I wouldn't watch her show since I am not a fan of Indian style food but even if Paula guested, I wouldn't watch her. I still like Tom and Herb. I can see Tom out on the road like Guy or Adam...I think his personality would work great with the public. I really would love to see Herb on a regular show giving us healthier options on some favorites. I think with the guidance of the FN pros his show would take off. When will they let Aria go??? Soon??? She has truly become boring and one-note.

• Lucy says:

I agree with you, Gillian! Aarti's Parti just doesn't get it for me. Please, please send Aria away!!!!

• tre says:

what gets me is its not aarti's party, its aarti party. it really needs the apostrophe s. its looking like she will win thought.

• Jessica says:

You read mind. I think Tom would make a great TV personality. I would not watch her show either. She comes across fake to me. I would watch her show before Aria's show. I do not even like watching her on this show.

• Vimala Siddalingaiah says:

I love Aarti - she is imaginative and innovative. She brings the best of Indian cooking to TV. I would love to see Aarti being the on Food Network. I do watch all the shows and I am eagar to see something different than what is there. Aarti good luck to you and hope you will be the Next Food Net Work Star! Bring it on!

• Kris says:

I agree with you about Aria, she has just become annoying lately and borders on disrespectful/ condescending and conniving. I like Aarti but feel there are only so many curries you can choose from. I also really like Herb's personality and point of view.

• Brandy says:

Same here Gillian, I cannot stand Aarti and would NEVER watch her if they put her on. We need some funny and talented guys like Tom.

• sam says:

talented nd funny like tom ?? or disorganized and messy like tom ?? come onnnn...... nd dont u think foodnetwork already got enough mexican , american , nd healthy shows.. what is there so bad about having one indian show on it ?

• pat houser says:

yeah,i second that on the AARTI PARTY, it's right up there with "MAMA-MIA"
      Aarti is sweet and she puts out some good looking food,but i am not that into indian cooking,and she definately needs a new name for her show if she wins.

• sam says:

tom ?? r u serious ??? why wud anybody want to ever watch such a messy guy on tv ? nd by d way ,, u might not b fan of indian food bcoz ur taste buds r too delicate for it,, dont u think foodnetwork channel sud have something different odr dn all american , italian and mexican dishes??
      b a lit more openminded . and also paula ?? .. i think u need to b a lit more open minded about the whole foodnetwork show

• Dotty42 says:

I like Herb the best but see that he isn't getting much fan support. I hope he ups his game the next couple of episodes so he at least has a chance. I think that he has, by far, the best personality -- Aarti is getting ho-hum, including her "Arti's Party" line! I liked Serena but couldn't understand her most of the time; she best stick to being an attorney. Good luck to all those left and especially to Herb!!!

• Laura says:

Amen Gillian - I agree with your every word. Aarti's Parti - I won't watch it. Tom and Herb YES. YES. Please judges pay attention to us out here !

10. DianeK says:

What is shown on TV is NOT reality. We have no idea how she truly feels. Editing changes everything.