by Silvana Nardone in Healthy Recipes, August 10, 2014
by Amy Chaplin in Amy's Whole Food Cooking, June 24, 2014
Don’t forget about dessert. These recipes — putting summer fruits front and center — give you just the excuse you’ve been waiting for.
Black and Blue Cheesecake Tart
Blackberries and blueberries co-star in this luscious cheesecake. With all of the antioxidants going on here, you’ll be fighting free radicals while simultaneously poking your fork into a graham-cracker crust.
by Healthy Eats in Healthy Recipes, August 14, 2013
Zucchini are available year-round, but the summer growing season brings an abundance of all shapes and sizes of summer squash, from crookneck to pattypan to eight-ball. If you have a garden, you will be inundated with the green and golden vegetables right through October. This flavorful bread offers a great way to bring any type of zucchini or summer squash into your breakfast routine.
by Toby Amidor in Healthy Recipes, Healthy Tips, August 5, 2011
What’s the secret to trimmed-down zucchini bread? This recipe from Food Network Kitchens features several smart tweaks to create a lighter loaf:
by Dana Angelo White in Meal Makeovers, July 19, 2010
- We've got 30 reasons to fall in love with zucchini.
Whether you’re a sweet or savory zucchini-lover, we’ve got your covered. Check out these 30 creative, healthy recipes and fun zucchini facts.
- Create a sensational Tuscan Vegetable Soup with zucchini, spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake a loaf of lightened-up zucchini bread. Make a double batch and freeze for later.
- Slice zucchini into sticks and dip in homemade, creamy hummus.
- Cook Ina’s scrumptious Zucchini Pancakes.
- Did you know: zucchini is part of the squash family and is technically a fruit.
- Need a light and airy snack? Ellie’s Zucchini Parmesan Crisps will do the trick.
- Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Read more
- Dana's Lighter Zucchini Bread
It’s easy to be fooled into believing that zucchini bread is good for you – it’s made with vegetables after all! In actuality, many recipes are weighed down with fat and sugar, so we’re going to lighten things up. Here’s how we do it.
Get our lightened-up zucchini bread recipe »