- Perfect Cranberry Sauce from Food Network Magazine (photo courtesy of Food Network Magazine)
Enjoy this ruby-colored fruit dried or fresh, sweet or savory — you can even get a little crafty with cranberries! Here are 31 ways to love these holiday treats.
1. It’s prime time for cranberries: they’re in season from October through December.
2. Homemade Cranberry Orange Vodka makes a great homemade gift.
3. Dried cranberries are a classic ingredient in homemade trail mix.
4. This recipe for cranberry sauce lives up to its name.
5. Want something more adventurous than a basic cranberry sauce? Try our make-your-own cranberry sauce tips.
Read more »
- One more reason to enjoy yogurt: It's good for your teeth, along with these 9 other foods.
We’ve been taught to brush twice a day and floss, but eating the right foods also contributes to clean and shiny teeth and gums. Keep your mouth happy by chomping on these 10 foods.
10 good-for-your-teeth foods »
During the winter, in-season fresh fruits are limited in many parts of the country. Luckily, we can turn to dried fruit with all its nutritional goodness.
Dried fruit, 5 delicious ways »
- Red peppers are one of 9 red fruits and veggies to eat now -- find out the other 8.
Each color contains different nutrients, so a rainbow-colored plate of fruits and veggies is likely a well-rounded, healthy one! In this occasional series, we explain what each color has to offer. We told you all about orange foods, and this month, in honor of Valentine’s Day and Heart Health month, we’ve got the scoop on red-hued eats.
Learn why you should eat more red foods »
There’s no lack of choices at Thanksgiving, but certain seasonal foods should take top priority. If you’re going to indulge, why not fill up on the flavor-filled, good-for-you stuff? Here’s our top 10 picks for your plate.
See the list »
I love cranberry sauce any time of year, but it’s a must-have for Thanksgiving. When fall hits, I’m all about finding creative new recipes to try. Ditch the canned stuff — it’s usually packed with high-fructose corn syrup — and discover the taste of real, homemade cranberry sauce.
Read more »
This week’s list of favorite user comments touch on cooking with cranberries, making use of that leftover chicken and healthy tailgating. Plus, some readers shared how they avoid caving to unhealthy snacks (and high prices) at the airport.
Read more »