- Did you know fruits whose flesh and skin grow around a hard pit are known as “stone fruits?”
- You can grill up your favorite stone fruit.
- Enjoy Ellie’s Savory Peach Chicken.
- Top your morning oatmeal or yogurt with sliced apricots, plums, peaches or nectarines.
- Combine plums with McIntosh apples for a Plum Applesauce. Read more
Throughout the day you should eat a rainbow of foods — red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple and white. Each color is rich in specific nutrients that help make a well-balanced diet. In this series we’ll tell you why each color is important, and with Halloween around the corner, we thought it was most appropriate to start with orange. Find out how to get some on your plate every day.