26 Healthiest Summer Sides by Toby Amidor in Grilling, Healthy Recipes, May 17, 2012
Fat-drenched side salads are the norm when it comes to cook-outs. But lighten up the dressing and you’ll be able to savor those delicious spring flavors—fresh fruit, veggies, and herbs—in every bite. Here are 26 side dishes that’ll make your mouth water– all for less than 250 calories per serving.
Grilled Veggie Sides
Toss those farmers’ market finds or extra veggies in your CSA box right on the grill. It’s a perfectly simple way to enjoy fresh veggies.
- Grilled Bok Choy
- Grilled Scallions
- Grilled Vegetable Salad with Feta and Mint (pictured above)
- Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad on Mizuna with Ponzu Style Dressing
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Asparagus
- “Old Bay” Grilled Steak Fries
- Garlic and Herb Sweet Potato Fries
- Marinated Grilled Cherry Tomato Skewers
- Grilled Summer Squash