- Comments (2)
You don’t need a turkey at the center of the table to make Thanksgiving a special day! Here are delicious dishes that can take the spotlight at your feast, whether you’re a vegetarian or just hosting a few.
Recipes To Try
- Three-Cheese Macaroni (above, from Food Network Magazine)
- Slow-Cooker Squash Stew
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Meatless Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
- Roasted Beet Risotto
- Roasted Tofu
- Spaghetti Squash with Marinara
- Squash and Chickpea Moroccan Stew
- Polenta with Balsamic Glazed Portobello Mushrooms (swap vegetable stock for the chicken broth)
- Shepherd’s Pie with French Lentils and Chard
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »
This spring holiday is filled with more than just matzo. From traditional dishes to symbolic foods, the Passover feast is filled with a wide variety of good-for-you nutrients.