Summer may be winding down but there are tomatoes, cucumbers and radishes still ready for harvest. Refreshing, crisp and colorful, this simple salad is the perfect side dish to almost any meal. I swapped the traditional herbs like basil and parsley for anise-flavored tarragon, which lends it to fall flavors and comfort foods as well.
Tomato, Cucumber and Radish Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
• 1 bunch of radishes, stems removed, halved
• 1 English cucumber, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved if large
• 1 tablespoons tarragon, leaves whole
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the vegetables.
In a small bowl, combine the tarragon through mustard. Whisk to combine. Toss with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
Photo by Yoni Nimrod