One recipe, endless possibilities. The instructions below work for any and all of the following vegetables:
• Zucchini and yellow squash: unpeeled and cut into rounds or fries
• Avocado (left): pitted and peeled; cut into wedges, dipped in flour, then egg whites and then seasoned bread crumbs
• Portobello mushrooms: stems removed; cut into thin strips
• Yellow Onion: very thinly sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
• Carrots: peeled and cut on a diagonal for oval pieces or cut into sticks for fries
• Butternut squash: peeled and cut into wedges or fries
And of course:
• Yukon gold and red potatoes: peeled or unpeeled; cut into wedges or fries
• Sweet potatoes: peeled and cut into wedges or fries
Baked Vegetable Fries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut the vegetables into uniform sizes.
Arrange the pieces on the prepared baking sheet, in a single layer.
Bake for 20 for 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Robin Miller is a nutritionist, host of Quick Fix Meals, author of “Robin Rescues Dinner” and the busy mom of two active little boys. Her boys and great food are her passion. Check her out at www.robinrescuesdinner.com.