- Comments (3)
It’s prime season for summer squash, and like most folks, I get all jazzed up when the zucchini harvest arrives. Here are 22 healthy ways to devour this summer goodie.
Soups, Salads, Snacks … and a Cocktail!
Zucchini is the chameleon of the produce world, adapting to any surrounding flavor and texture. It’s tremendously delish raw or cooked, shredded or sliced, roasted or pureed.
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- Zucchini Vichyssoise
- Zucchini Snack Pizzas
- Zucchini-Pear Soup
- Zucchini Salad (above)
- Garbanzo Bean and Zucchini Salad
- Zucchini Tini
Who says a zucchini can’t be a meal?! These recipes prove this veggie is up to the challenge.
- Beef and Bulgur Stuffed Zucchini
- Potato and Zucchini Frittata
- Zucchini Stuffed Tomatoes
- Roasted Zucchini Flatbread with Hummus, Arugula, Goat Cheese and Almonds
- Light Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Casserole
- Zucchini Roni Pizza
There’s nothing wrong with going the more traditional route. These simple side dishes turn up the flavor.
- Zucchini and Potato Pancakes
- Saffron Zucchini and Herb Couscous
- Roasted Zucchini with Fresh Thyme
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Mexican Zucchini Oven Fries
Breads and Muffins
Don’t count out the baked goods. Zucchini adds a subtle sweetness and helps keeps breads and muffins moist.
- Dana’s Lightened Up Zucchini Bread
- Moist Zucchini Bran Muffins
- Carrot and Zucchini Mini Muffins
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC, is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer and owner of Dana White Nutrition, Inc., which specializes in culinary and sports nutrition. See Dana’s full bio »
Sweet strawberries. Juicy peaches. Luscious mango. If you’re looking for ways to upgrade a salad, fruits in their prime are an excellent place to start. Figs: Fig, Bacon and Frisee Salad Sweet figs are at hitting their stride right about now — and are the perfect complement to bitter greens, bacon and black pepper in thisRead more