- Comments (4)
In my house, we always grill steaks for dad on Father’s Day. The secrets to making a steak dinner a healthy one are simple: it’s all a matter of buying the right cuts of beef and making sure portions aren’t outrageous.
Lighter cuts of beef include flank steak, top loin, sirloin, T-bone, filet mignon, and tenderloin. Trim off any visible fat before adding your marinade or rub. Grilling your steak will also allow even more fat to drip off.
Aim for 6-ounces of raw steak and get rid of that bottled sauce. Flavor the steak using fresh herbs, spices, fruits, veggies and other wholesome ingredients. Make a batch of Dana’s Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning and send the other dads home with their own jar.
Use our lightened-up steak ideas on your favorite dad-worthy recipe, or surprise dad with one of our favorite healthy steak recipes this weekend.
Steak Recipes To Try
- Grilled Steak With Tapenade
- Bloody Mary Flank Steak
- Dry Rubbed Flank Steak
- Korean-Style Marinated Skirt Steak With Grilled Scallions and Warm Tortillas
- Coffee-Rubbed Steak With Peppers and Onions
- Grilled Steak With Papaya Salad
- Grilled Steak With Barley Salad (pictured above)
- Steak and Tabbouleh Salad
- Hanger Steak Provencal
- Caribbean Strip Steak With Plantains
- Marinated Flank Steak With Blue Cheese Sauce
- Steak With Avocado Sauce and Tomato Salad
- Cowboy Steak With Coffee and Chili Rub
By now, almost everyone knows that whole-grain foods are a nutritional step up from dishes that revolve around refined carbs. But if you’re starting to get the feeling that good-for-you grains are spending just a little too much time on their healthy high horse, remind them of their tasty roots by baking them into oneRead more