- Comments (20)
In my house, we always grill steaks for dad on Father’s Day. The secrets to making a steak dinner a healthy one are simple: it’s all a matter of buying the right cuts of beef and making sure portions aren’t outrageous.
Lighter cuts of beef include flank steak, top loin, sirloin, T-bone, filet mignon, and tenderloin. Trim off any visible fat before adding your marinade or rub. Grilling your steak will also allow even more fat to drip off.
Aim for 6-ounces of raw steak and get rid of that bottled sauce. Flavor the steak using fresh herbs, spices, fruits, veggies and other wholesome ingredients. Make a batch of Dana’s Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning and send the other dads home with their own jar.
Use our lightened-up steak ideas on your favorite dad-worthy recipe, or surprise dad with one of our favorite healthy steak recipes this weekend.
Steak Recipes To Try
- Grilled Steak With Tapenade
- Bloody Mary Flank Steak
- Dry Rubbed Flank Steak
- Korean-Style Marinated Skirt Steak With Grilled Scallions and Warm Tortillas
- Coffee-Rubbed Steak With Peppers and Onions
- Grilled Steak With Papaya Salad
- Grilled Steak With Barley Salad (pictured above)
- Steak and Tabbouleh Salad
- Hanger Steak Provencal
- Caribbean Strip Steak With Plantains
- Marinated Flank Steak With Blue Cheese Sauce
- Steak With Avocado Sauce and Tomato Salad
- Cowboy Steak With Coffee and Chili Rub
Ready to get your zucchini on? Here are seven inventive ways to cook it up now. Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Herbs and Cheese Attention, goat cheese fans! Here, the creamy spread, plus parsley and lemon juice, is topped with spinach and basil leaves before being rolled up in slices of grilled zucchini. Zucchini Parmesan CrispsRead more