Casseroles are perfect when temps dips below freezing, and they’re convenient too — everything’s all in one dish. Whether you like them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, warm up to any of these lighter casseroles — each has 500 calories or less.
Weekends are a good time to whip up a breakfast casserole. An egg dish or a French toast bake will help start your day off right.
- Broccoli, Mushroom and Cheese Breakfast Strata
- Cheddar, Ham and Egg Casserole
- Peach French Toast Bake
- Blueberry Almond French Toast Bake
Lunch and Dinner Casseroles
These casseroles contain good-for-you ingredients like beans, veggies and omega-3 packed tuna—all for fewer than 500 calories per serving.
- Mexican Layered Bean Casserole
- Tuna-Vegetable Casserole
- Retro Metro Fancy Tuna Casserole
- Vegetable Lasagna Casserole
- Vegetable Tian
- Tomato-Vegetable Casserole
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »