- Comments (728)
1. Roasted Sweet Potato with Salsa (92 calories)- Top half a medium baked skin-on sweet potato (51 calories) with 1/4 cup salsa (21 calories) and 2 teaspoons sour cream (20 calories).
2. Graprefruit Brulee (90 calories)- Sprinkle 1/2 a medium grapefruit (60 calories) with 2 teaspoons of turbinado sugar (30 calories) and broil until golden. (above, from Food Network Magazine)
3. Pears and Blue Cheese (100 calories)- Slice half a medium pear (50 calories), sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese (30 calories), drizzle with 1 teaspoon of honey (20 calories) and freshly ground black pepper (0 calories).
4. Shrimp Cocktail (85 calories)- Mix 2 tablespoons of cocktail sauce (60 calories) a squeeze of lime juice (0 calories) and chopped cilantro (0 calories). Serve with 5 large, boiled or steamed peeled shrimp (25 calories).
5. Affogato (90 calories)- Pour 1/4 cup strong, black coffee (0 calories) over 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream (90 calories).
What’s your favorite afternoon snack?
Tomatoes? Check. Corn and cucumber? Double check. The next time you overdo it at the farmers market, you know what to do: Let’s get some salad up in here! Cherry Tomatoes: Cherry Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Dressing (above, from Food Network Magazine) Basil and garlic elicit their savory side, but these little tomatoes, tossed in buttermilk-sour creamRead more