- Comments (727)
1. Roasted Sweet Potato with Salsa (92 calories)- Top half a medium baked skin-on sweet potato (51 calories) with 1/4 cup salsa (21 calories) and 2 teaspoons sour cream (20 calories).
2. Graprefruit Brulee (90 calories)- Sprinkle 1/2 a medium grapefruit (60 calories) with 2 teaspoons of turbinado sugar (30 calories) and broil until golden. (above, from Food Network Magazine)
3. Pears and Blue Cheese (100 calories)- Slice half a medium pear (50 calories), sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese (30 calories), drizzle with 1 teaspoon of honey (20 calories) and freshly ground black pepper (0 calories).
4. Shrimp Cocktail (85 calories)- Mix 2 tablespoons of cocktail sauce (60 calories) a squeeze of lime juice (0 calories) and chopped cilantro (0 calories). Serve with 5 large, boiled or steamed peeled shrimp (25 calories).
5. Affogato (90 calories)- Pour 1/4 cup strong, black coffee (0 calories) over 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream (90 calories).
What’s your favorite afternoon snack?
Whipping up a healthy meal doesn’t have to be a source of agita — or a gigantic time commitment. Each of these good-for-you dinners is ready in 25 (make that 24!) to 40 minutes. Swiss Chard Soup: 40 min (above, from Food Network Magazine) Swiss Chard is in charge when it comes to this satisfying soup.Read more