- Comments (727)
1. Roasted Sweet Potato with Salsa (92 calories)- Top half a medium baked skin-on sweet potato (51 calories) with 1/4 cup salsa (21 calories) and 2 teaspoons sour cream (20 calories).
2. Graprefruit Brulee (90 calories)- Sprinkle 1/2 a medium grapefruit (60 calories) with 2 teaspoons of turbinado sugar (30 calories) and broil until golden. (above, from Food Network Magazine)
3. Pears and Blue Cheese (100 calories)- Slice half a medium pear (50 calories), sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese (30 calories), drizzle with 1 teaspoon of honey (20 calories) and freshly ground black pepper (0 calories).
4. Shrimp Cocktail (85 calories)- Mix 2 tablespoons of cocktail sauce (60 calories) a squeeze of lime juice (0 calories) and chopped cilantro (0 calories). Serve with 5 large, boiled or steamed peeled shrimp (25 calories).
5. Affogato (90 calories)- Pour 1/4 cup strong, black coffee (0 calories) over 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream (90 calories).
What’s your favorite afternoon snack?
It doesn’t take much to bring out salmon’s rich flavor, but let’s face it: The old lemon-with-a-dash-of-salt routine gets old. The good news: Salmon need not be boring. Try these tasty ways to amp up an old standby. Mustard Maple Roasted Salmon (above) Mustard and maple syrup? The two condiments may seem worlds away, but theyRead more