- Comments (309)
Bobby Flay manages to stay fit and healthy even with a busy lifestyle as a chef, and he’s eager to share his healthy eating and fitness plan with fans in a seven-part Web series, Bobby Flay Fit.
In Episode 5 of Bobby Flay Fit, Bobby’s friend Katie Lee joins him for SoulCycle class and later meets him in the kitchen to cook breakfast dishes that are totally healthy but seem indulgent. Katie also makes healthier snacks in a bonus video.
Healthy Eats caught up with Katie to talk about how to incorporate healthy foods and routines into any diet.
What’s your go-to healthy snack?
Katie Lee: I keep cut-up veggies in the fridge at all times so that I can grab them with hummus for a quick, healthy snack.
Do you have any tips for cooking healthier?
KL: Cook more vegetables! Think about making a colorful plate. Vegetables have so many vitamins and antioxidants, plus they are full of fiber, which keeps you full longer. I make protein and carbs about 30% of my plate and vegetables the remaining 70%.
What do you eat or drink before and/or after a workout?
KL: I typically work out in the morning, so I have a light bite beforehand, like a piece of fruit, and I make a green juice. Afterward, I like to have some protein. I make a smoothie with protein powder or tofu, frozen berries, a banana, almond milk, flax seeds, chia seeds and a shot of aloe vera juice.
Are there any kitchen tools or appliances that you rely on for cooking healthy at home?
KL: My juicer and my blender. I make green juices daily and I use my blender not only for smoothies, but also healthy soups.
What’s the one food you could never give up?
Bobby Flay manages to stay fit and healthy even with a busy lifestyle as a chef, and he’s eager to share his healthy eating and fitness plan with fans in the return of his Web series, Bobby Flay Fit. The focus of Episode 11 is to inspire others by example: Demonstrating discipline in your personal fitnessRead more