- Comments (1,164)
Bobby Flay manages to stay fit and healthy even with a busy lifestyle as a chef, and he’s eager to share his healthy eating and fitness plan with fans in a seven-part Web series, Bobby Flay Fit.
The focus of Bobby Flay Fit, Episode 1 is moderation: You don’t have to give up everything you like to eat, but the key is to eat less of it. Moderation means eating smaller portions and skipping seconds (most of the time).
In Episode 1, Bobby walks to work, and then prepares lunch for his team. With the help of his employee Christine, he makes a healthy crab pasta dish and an arugula and chickpea salad. Bobby proves that it’s possible to eat a meal that’s both flavorful and good for you. The key is to eat in moderation — don’t overeat, but also don’t skip meals because it will just make you want to eat more.
Takeaways from Episode 1:
- Bobby prefers running, but you don’t always need to put your sweats on to get a good workout. Great exercise is at your feet, everywhere. Try walking wherever you can.
- Don’t give up pasta; just eat smaller portions of it.
- Bobby doesn’t like the word “diet” because it implies that you’re cutting out certain foods. But caloric intake is important — if you cut your caloric intake, you’ll feel better. The twentieth bite isn’t going to taste better than the third or fourth bite, so if you don’t need it, don’t eat it.
- Butter can be part of a healthy diet even though it tastes good. It’s all about moderation: Use a little bit and make it count.
- If it seems like you’re eating too much, you probably are.
Bobby Flay manages to stay fit and healthy even with a busy lifestyle as a chef, and he’s eager to share his healthy eating and fitness plan with fans in the return of his Web series, Bobby Flay Fit. The focus of Episode 11 is to inspire others by example: Demonstrating discipline in your personal fitnessRead more