Looking to keep your svelte summer figure? Here are 22 healthy and delectable desserts that have less than 250 calories per serving.
Juice and delicious seasonal fruit can help satisfy your sweet tooth and provide you with a burst of antioxidants.
- Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream (above)
- Banana Splits With Pineapple Brown Sugar Topping
- Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Stone Fruits With Balsamic and Black Pepper
- Honey Plums
- Berry Trifle With Amaretto
Cool off with frozen treats, many of which are made from seasonal fruits. It’s a great way to use up extra fruit you have laying around.
- Italian Ice Pops
- Mango Strawberry Snow Cones
- Sliced Melon With Berries and Sorbet
- Strawberry and Mascarpone Granita
- Tropical Granita
- Watermelon, Lime and Mint Granita
- Basil and Lime Sorbet
- Blueberry Fruit Ice
- Watermelon Slushies
Cookies, cakes, tarts and brownies can fit into your healthy eating plan — choose any of these lighter recipes and mind your portions.
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »