- Comments (1,148)
If you’ve been grilling the same recipes each season, it’s time to shake things up. We’re giving you plenty of deliciously healthy main dish recipes to choose from—meat, chicken, fish and vegetarian—all for less than 400 calories per serving.
Beef, pork and lamb can all be healthy choices for the grill. Be sure to choose lean cuts of meat, keep portions around 3-4 ounces per serving and limit the amount of fatty ingredients like butter and oil.
- Grilled Pork With Arugula and Grape Salad
- Argentinean Skewers With Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce and Grilled Scallions
- Grilled Lamb Chops With Mint
- Garlic-Mustard Grilled Beef Skewers
Fish & Seafood
Fish and seafood are lower-calorie options for the grill, and they’ll cook quicker, too. You can also get your daily dose of omega-3’s from fattier fish like tuna and salmon.
- Grilled Shrimp in Lettuce Leaves With Serrano-Mint Sauce
- Blackened Salmon With Mango Salsa
- Fish Tacos With Chili Mayo & Grilled Corn
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi With Black Bean Salsa
- Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame (pictured above)
There are so many creative ways to grill chicken. Experiment with different cuts, marinades and spices. Remove the skin to decrease unwanted calories and fat.
- Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Spiced Chicken and Grape Skewers
- Cumin Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Greek Chicken
These recipes are perfect for vegetarians or Meatless Mondays.
Whipping up a healthy meal doesn’t have to be a source of agita — or a gigantic time commitment. Each of these good-for-you dinners is ready in 25 (make that 24!) to 40 minutes. Swiss Chard Soup: 40 min (above, from Food Network Magazine) Swiss Chard is in charge when it comes to this satisfying soup.Read more