31 Days of Citrus by Dana Angelo White in 30 Days, January 5, 2012
- Comments (1,372)
Brighten up a winter’s day with sweet, tart and tangy citrus fruit.
1. Grow your own.
2. Read up on lemons.
3. Liven up a beet salad.
4. Make (lightened-up) margaritas.
5. Turn leftover holiday cranberries into orange and lemon-spiked chutney.
6. Guess how much vitamin C is in one grapefruit?
7. Prepare fish en papillote with sliced citrus for a light and flavorful meal.
8. Stuff a chicken with lemon and oranges and roast.
9. Do you have a reamer for your citrus?
10. Use citrus juice and zest to marinate chicken thighs.
12. Find out why citrus made our list of healthy flavor boosters.
13. Looking for a light, lemon-flavored dessert?
14. Drizzle oranges with maple syrup for a breakfast salad.
15. Dive into a sour and juicy blood orange.
16. Add tangelos to a spinach salad.
17. Green foods like limes have special health-protecting antioxidants.
18. Try a classic combo – salmon and citrus.
20. Add a burst of orange to mashed sweet potatoes.
21. Choose water-packed mandarin oranges to cut out extra sugar. Toss them in a salad.
22. Make a fruity soup for dessert.
23. Combine basil and lime for a refreshing sorbet.
24. Basil also compliments the tangy flavor of grapefruit.
25. Ina’s Lemon Cake stays moist with lemon syrup.
26. Sweet grapefruit and fresh fennel make a killer salad.
27. Whip up a batch of these lemony cookies for company.
28. Get Robin’s clever grapefruit creations.
29. Got a sniffle? Does citrus help boost immunity? Find out.
30. Add lime segments to mango salsa.
31. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for homemade Caesar salad dressing.
You Might Also Like:
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC, is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer and owner of Dana White Nutrition, Inc., which specializes in culinary and sports nutrition. See Dana’s full bio »