12 Days of Holiday Gifts: Flavored Honey by Katie Cavuto-Boyle in 12 Days of Holiday Gifts, Healthy Holidays, December 8, 2011
- Comments (3)
Looking to treat the sweet tooth on your gift list to something a bit unique this holiday season? Homemade flavored honeys are a perfect fit.
- Start with a mild but tasty honey like wildflower. I think using a local variety makes the gift all the more special.
- Add your own special twist:
- You can add mild herbs like lavender and chamomile, or stronger flavors like rosemary or mint directly to the jar and let them steep. For a more intense flavor, warm the herbs and the honey just slightly in a saucepan then re-jar once cooled.
- The same process works for spices and zest. Warm some honey with lemon or orange zest to add some brightness or spices like dried hot peppers or cardamom for a more savory twist.
- Label the jars and adorn with a festive bow.
What would you add to your honey to make it unique?
You Might Also Like:
- Homemade Holiday Gift Idea: Crackers
- Homemade Holiday Gift Idea: Salted Caramels
- Gifts to Buy the Health-Conscious Cook