- Comments (1,030)
Whether you’re a sweet or savory zucchini-lover, we’ve got your covered. Check out these 30 creative, healthy recipes and fun zucchini facts.
- Create a sensational Tuscan Vegetable Soup with zucchini, spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake a loaf of lightened-up zucchini bread. Make a double batch and freeze for later.
- Slice zucchini into sticks and dip in homemade, creamy hummus.
- Cook Ina’s scrumptious Zucchini Pancakes.
- Did you know: zucchini is part of the squash family and is technically a fruit.
- Need a light and airy snack? Ellie’s Zucchini Parmesan Crisps will do the trick.
- Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Steam zucchini for a simple side: dress with with a sprinkle of salt and squeeze of lemon juice.
- For a quick weeknight dinner, try Dana’s Quesadilla Lasagna with zucchini.
- Bigger isn’t better (or tastier) when it comes to this squash. The most flavorful zucchinis are small to medium in size.
- Stuff zucchini with ground turkey or beef.
- Chop away! One medium zucchini contains 31 calories and more than 56 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
- Roast zucchini with thyme, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini to a summer ratatouille.
- Nothing beats cool and easy (no-cook!) Zucchini Carpaccio on a hot day.
- Bake Zucchini Muffins topped with a delicious orange-maple glaze.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into ½-inch strips, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- How about a Potato and Zucchini Frittata for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner?
- Get some zucchini history: Zucchini comes from the word zucca, the Italian word for squash.
- Whip up a quick and easy Garbanzo Bean and Zucchini Salad.
- Capture all that zucchini goodness by pickling it; you’ll be glad you did during the winter months.
- Check out Robin’s healthy take on zucchini.
- Zucchini blossoms are a deliciously delicate seasonal treat.
- Get an electrolyte boost: one medium zucchini has more potassium than a medium banana.
- The kids will be begging for more of these Zucchini Snack Pizzas.
- Have a fiesta with these Mexican Zucchini Oven Fries– ole!
- Shred and freeze zucchini so you can enjoy homemade zucchini bread all year long!
- Add zucchini to your weeknight pasta dish.
- Make note of these helpful conversions: 1 pound zucchini = 4 cups grated = 1 ¼ cup mashed = 3 ½ cups sliced.
- Sauté zucchini with scallions, garlic, and parsley.
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »
You Might Also Like:
Whipping up a healthy meal doesn’t have to be a source of agita — or a gigantic time commitment. Each of these good-for-you dinners is ready in 25 (make that 24!) to 40 minutes. Swiss Chard Soup: 40 min (above, from Food Network Magazine) Swiss Chard is in charge when it comes to this satisfying soup.Read more