- Comments (1,031)
Whether you’re a sweet or savory zucchini-lover, we’ve got your covered. Check out these 30 creative, healthy recipes and fun zucchini facts.
- Create a sensational Tuscan Vegetable Soup with zucchini, spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake a loaf of lightened-up zucchini bread. Make a double batch and freeze for later.
- Slice zucchini into sticks and dip in homemade, creamy hummus.
- Cook Ina’s scrumptious Zucchini Pancakes.
- Did you know: zucchini is part of the squash family and is technically a fruit.
- Need a light and airy snack? Ellie’s Zucchini Parmesan Crisps will do the trick.
- Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Steam zucchini for a simple side: dress with with a sprinkle of salt and squeeze of lemon juice.
- For a quick weeknight dinner, try Dana’s Quesadilla Lasagna with zucchini.
- Bigger isn’t better (or tastier) when it comes to this squash. The most flavorful zucchinis are small to medium in size.
- Stuff zucchini with ground turkey or beef.
- Chop away! One medium zucchini contains 31 calories and more than 56 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
- Roast zucchini with thyme, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini to a summer ratatouille.
- Nothing beats cool and easy (no-cook!) Zucchini Carpaccio on a hot day.
- Bake Zucchini Muffins topped with a delicious orange-maple glaze.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into ½-inch strips, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- How about a Potato and Zucchini Frittata for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner?
- Get some zucchini history: Zucchini comes from the word zucca, the Italian word for squash.
- Whip up a quick and easy Garbanzo Bean and Zucchini Salad.
- Capture all that zucchini goodness by pickling it; you’ll be glad you did during the winter months.
- Check out Robin’s healthy take on zucchini.
- Zucchini blossoms are a deliciously delicate seasonal treat.
- Get an electrolyte boost: one medium zucchini has more potassium than a medium banana.
- The kids will be begging for more of these Zucchini Snack Pizzas.
- Have a fiesta with these Mexican Zucchini Oven Fries– ole!
- Shred and freeze zucchini so you can enjoy homemade zucchini bread all year long!
- Add zucchini to your weeknight pasta dish.
- Make note of these helpful conversions: 1 pound zucchini = 4 cups grated = 1 ¼ cup mashed = 3 ½ cups sliced.
- Sauté zucchini with scallions, garlic, and parsley.
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »
You Might Also Like:
Ready to get your zucchini on? Here are seven inventive ways to cook it up now. Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Herbs and Cheese Attention, goat cheese fans! Here, the creamy spread, plus parsley and lemon juice, is topped with spinach and basil leaves before being rolled up in slices of grilled zucchini. Zucchini Parmesan CrispsRead more