Summer Picnic Menu by Toby Amidor in Food Safety, Healthy Recipes, May 25, 2011
- Comments (979)
Divide and conquer at your next potluck picnic with these delicious and nutritious dishes. Don’t forget that warmer weather also increases the risk of food spoilage, so be sure to keep your food safe by following our simple tips.
- Garlic-Mustard Grilled Beef Skewers
- Turkey Burgers
- Cumin Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Tempeh Pepper Steak (vegetarian option)
- Charm City Corn
- Marinated Grilled Cherry Tomatoes Skewers
- Apricot Couscous
- Rainbows and Butterfly Pasta Salad
- Classic Coleslaw with Caraway
- Cucumber Salad
- Easy Broccoli Salad
- Berry Trifle with Amaretto
- Angel Food Cake with Lemon-Honey Yogurt Sauce
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Food Safety Alert
Food bugs love the warmer temperatures and thrive in protein and carbohydrate-based foods. To keep your food safe, be sure to safely pack hazardous food for your shindig.
As for washing your hands, be sure to locate the nearest hand washing sinks. Just to be safe, tote along your own moist towelettes, hand sanitizer and soap.
Have a safe and healthy outdoor feast!
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »