There’s more to loving chocolate than candy — in honor of cupid, here are 28 ways to get your chocolate fix this month.
We were inspired by Food Network Magazine’s month of chocolate, so we dreamed up enough healthy ways to get your chocolate fix to last all month long!
1. Start off by getting all the choco-facts! Learn why it’s good for you.
2. Add a handful of dark chocolate chips to a batch of homemade trail mix.
3. Make hot chocolate with 1 cup nonfat milk and 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup.
4. Pour leftover hot chocolate into ice pop molds for homemade fudge bars!
5. Blend cocoa powder, milk and a chopped frozen banana into a smoothie.
6. Make your own chocolate pudding for 15 percent of your daily calcium needs.
7. Make a spice rub for chicken, steak or pork: Combine unsweetened cocoa powder, ancho chili powder, kosher salt and brown sugar.
8. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread on cinnamon graham crackers.
9. Check out the results of our dark chocolate taste test.
10. Citrus, dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt make a delicious and low-cal seasonal treat.
11. Choose chocolate syrup over hot fudge — it’s lower in calories and fat free.
12. Make dark chocolate bark, 2 ways with just 5 ingredients.
13. Who doesn’t love brownies? Our tips make them a little lighter.
14. Feed your sweetheart’s sweet tooth with our best Valentine’s desserts.
15. Go retro at your next shin-dig with a batch of chocolate fondue.
16. How about chocolate for breakfast? Get the recipe for Chocolate and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast.
17. Sprinkle cocoa powder and cinnamon in your morning coffee.
18. Make s’mores with dark chocolate and homemade marshmallows.
19. Use unsweetened chocolate to make a Mexican mole sauce.
20. Snack on a combo of raw almonds and chocolate-covered espresso beans.
21. Instead of ice cream, indulge in lower-calorie chocolate sorbet.
22. These biscotti are the perfect combo of chocolate and crunch.
23. Chocolate-drenched strawberries are bursting with flavor and antioxidants.
24. Portion control your chocolate — one ounce is the perfect treat.
25. Dive into the fizzy goodness of a chocolate egg cream.
26. Add a few chocolate “kisses” to your kiddies lunch boxes.
27. Make healthy and irresistible banana-chocolate chip muffins.
28: Stay tuned for next Monday’s 5-ingredient recipe for molten chocolate cake.
TELL US: What’s your favorite way to love chocolate?
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC, is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer and owner of Dana White Nutrition, Inc., which specializes in culinary and sports nutrition. See Dana’s full bio »