- Comments (1,660)
Snacking smart is an important part of a healthy diet, and it’s one of the most delicious ways, too! Luckily, you’re almost as snack-happy as we are — you gave us tons of ideas when we polled you on Facebook for your favorite between-meal muchies.
Here are some of the best ideas from our Facebook page:
- Facebook fan Yan goes decadent at snacktime with almond chips and dark chocolate.
- Healthy Eats reader Denise says “I keep a large jar full of different mixed whole grain healthy cereals like Honey Nut Cheerios, Wheat Chex, etc and when we get the munchies we just grab handfuls of that to munch away on anytime.”
- Fan Monique eats roasted seaweed. Yum!
- Raw carrots and nuts are the snack of choice for Facebook fan Michele. “I could eat carrots and nuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner,” she says.
- “I’m a snacker, so I need food that takes me awhile to eat,” says Facebook fan Shirley. “I enjoy frozen berries and pumpkin seeds.”
- For a simple snack, fan Christine just needs two things: An avocado and a spoon. “Just slice it in a half, grab a spoon, and voila: A perfect snack to go,” she says. Fan Tracy adds lime and hot sauce to her avocado snack.
- And our own dietitian (and Greek yogurt enthusiast) Dana told us her snack du jour: clementines or Greek yogurt with pineapple chunks and a sprinkle of turbiano sugar.
More Easy, Healthy Snack Ideas
- Taste Test: Snack Bars
- Smarter Late-Night Snacks
- 5 Hunger-Fighting Snacks
- Make Your Own Granola
- 6 “Healthy” Snacks That Aren’t
- 10 Simple After-School Snacks
- 5 Ways to Cut 100 Calories: Snacks
TELL US: What are you snacking on this week?
— Long a mainstay of South Asian cooking, turmeric adds zing to curries and other dishes. But it has also been used in Eastern cultures for thousands of years for its medicinal properties. More recently, turmeric has caught the attention of Western researchers who have been studying the herb and its potential health benefits. “OneRead more