You’ve been clicking, searching and cooking up recipes from FoodNetwork.com all year long, including lots of healthy favorites! Here are our all-star, most popular healthy recipes of 2010.
Chicken is a go-to weeknight meal for all our FoodNetwork.com readers, and it’s easy to see why: Chicken is quick-cooking, healthy and delicious. These were the top chicken picks of 2010:
- Ina’s Oven-Fried Chicken
- Rachael’s Parmigiano Chicken Tenders
- Bobby’s Grilled Chicken Paillards
- Food Network Magazine’s Scallions With Oven-Fried Chicken
Italian food is delicious, but many restaurant versions are drowning in oil and cheese. But you, dear readers, are smart: You know making it yourself is cheaper, healthier and even more delicious! Here are the most-viewed healthy Italian recipes of 2010:
- Minestrone Soup With Pasta, Beans and Vegetables
- Whole-Wheat Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
- Melissa d’Arabian’s Cheesy Stuffed Shells
- Ellie’s Chicken Parmesan
Healthy Appetizer Recipes
Appetizers may be small, but a night of little bites can add up, especially those loaded with butter and cream. These popular, lighter picks are delicious, yet lower in calories.
Fish is the perfect addition to your weeknight rotation: It’s quick-cooking, delicious and even qualifies for a Meatless Monday meal. Your favorites this year? Salmon and tilapia.
- Ina’s Asian Grilled Salmon
- Paula’s Baked Tilapia
- Giada’s Grilled Salmon With Citrus Salsa Verde
- Salmon With Lemon-Caper Sauce
We all need the occasional sweet treat. This year, you went crazy over these healthier desserts:
TELL US: What were your go-to healthy recipes in 2010?
- Food As Medicine: Why Doctors Are Writing Prescriptions for Produce
- Forget Frying: Day Care Food Gets a Healthy Makeover
- Kraft Singles Seal, Healthy-Eating Education and a Food Photographer’s Secrets
- Nutrition News: Scary Dairy Discovery, Pesco-Vegetarianism Pays Off and a Colorful Key to Healthy Food Choices