- Comments (35)
We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Fall Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
This weekend we took the kids to a pumpkin patch and they absolutely loved it! Now we have lots of pumpkins, and need to put them to good use. Here are 5 recipes I can’t wait to use with fresh (or canned) pumpkin.
Make a mouth-watering pumpkin-flavored flan this fall. This recipe calls for solid packed canned pumpkin, which shouldn’t be confused with pumpkin pie filling packed with sugar.
RECIPE: Pumpkin Flan
In the mood for bread or muffins? You can make either with this recipe using fresh-grated pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Make a double batch and freeze for later.
RECIPE: Pumpkin Bread
Add a touch of sweetness using pumpkin puree in this delicious pasta dish. Even with a touch of heavy cream, the recipe weighs in at around 400 calories per serving.
RECIPE: Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta
RECIPE: Pumpkin Seed Salsa
TELL US: How are you using pumpkin this fall? Tell us in the comments, or join the conversation on Twitter at #fallfood.
Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »
More Pumpkin Recipes From Friends and Family
- Gilded Fork: Butternut Squash Bisque with Nutmeg Crème Fraîche
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Roasted Pumpkin and Winter Squash with Labneh and Skhug
- Alana at Eating From the Ground Up: Fall Vegetable Chicken Pot Pie
- Alison at Food2: Pumpkin Donuts
- Kirsten at Food Network: Best Pumpkin Recipes
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: Pumpkin and Squash Recipes
- Food Network UK: Praise the Gourd
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Butter
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Clay Pot Winter Squash
- Paige at The Sister Project: Pumpkin, Roasted, Stuffed and All Grown Up
Tomatoes? Check. Corn and cucumber? Double check. The next time you overdo it at the farmers market, you know what to do: Let’s get some salad up in here! Cherry Tomatoes: Cherry Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Dressing (above, from Food Network Magazine) Basil and garlic elicit their savory side, but these little tomatoes, tossed in buttermilk-sour creamRead more