Photos: 50 Slimmed-Down Comfort Foods

by in Healthy Recipes, Meal Makeovers, September 29, 2010

quesadillas

As the weather cools off, I’m craving comfort foods, from gooey mac and cheese to chewy brownies to hearty soups and stews. Luckily, Food Network Kitchens and our chefs lightened up 50 comforting recipes with less fat and more flavor.  Now, my only dilemma: which recipe to make first?

TELL US: What’s your comfort food craving?

Hearty, Healthy Soups and Stews for Fall

When the air starts to turn chilly, there’s nothing quite like a stew simmering on the stove. These recipes not only ladle up comfort, they̵...

1. sherri says:

I cant stand to watch the "Feely Neely's" anymore. I actually saw him grab her ass on tv, and that was it for me, I wanted to throw up and refuse to watch them anymore! If this is all that Foodnetwork can come up with, they are in sad shape,

2. carole says:

don't like watching the neelys change the channel or turn off the tv and find something to do beside bitch.
    I like the way they are. nice to see people being nice to each other.

3. Deb says:

Upset to see this week that Neely's and Paula Deen are back to back for an hour each. Neither of these shows appeal to me and their cooking is unhealthy, Where is Ellie Krieger and Michael Chiarello? I hope this is not going to be the new line up.

4. Fatiha Jamali says:

The Neely's and Paula Deen's food are unhealty. As Paula said she is a cook and not a doctor on one of her shows, She wraps mac and cheese in bacon for god sake. I hope the food Network can put on more healthy shows and economical recepies. Thank you Y"ALL…..

5. JERSEY says:

i HAPPEN TO BE A YANKEE AND i LIKE THE SHOW ! P EOPLE ARE PEOPLE!!! LIVE AND LET LIVE

6. prosper says:

I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days..

7. Katherine says:

I agree in that I feel uncomfortable with their silly antics, but that doesn't matter. They are laughing all the way to the bank!

8. Donna says:

I agree, they began OK and now I can not finish a show. They have some good ideas at times but their Cute banter is more than I can stand.