Photos: 50 Slimmed-Down Comfort Foods

by in Healthy Recipes, Meal Makeovers, September 29, 2010

quesadillas

As the weather cools off, I’m craving comfort foods, from gooey mac and cheese to chewy brownies to hearty soups and stews. Luckily, Food Network Kitchens and our chefs lightened up 50 comforting recipes with less fat and more flavor.  Now, my only dilemma: which recipe to make first?

TELL US: What’s your comfort food craving?

A Healthy Dinner That’s Also Quick? How About 7 of Them?

Whipping up a healthy meal doesn’t have to be a source of agita — or a gigantic time commitment. Each of these good-for-you dinners is ready in 25 (make that 24!) to 40 minutes. Swiss Chard Soup: 40 min (above, from Food Network Magazine) Swiss Chard is in charge when it comes to this satisfying soup.Read more

1. Charlotte says:

Hey this is America. Just try turning the channel. :)

Not a hater!

2. Aydens Nana says:

They were very good in the begining. But now they are a little over the top. They need to freshen it up.

3. Ruth says:

I agree they are a bit sickening…too cutesy for my taste. So…I just don't watch them unless there isn't anything available with Guy Fieri! I can never get sick of him! He is adorable in a little brother sort of way!

4. Heather says:

What's wrong with showing love your spouse? If more people did that, maybe there would be less divorces? Just my opinion

5. Bob says:

I agree with most… they seem to be great people but over the top. As a person taught to use knives right I also find them dangerous when chopping food.

6. Guest says:

I agree with you completely as does my family. We are NOT prudes! This is just not attractive.

7. More tolerent says:

Get a life. I don't think this has to do with their cooking. They aren't working in an office where they have micromanaging. They love each other. Live with it or go away. Go eat some rice cakes if you want "healthy".

8. Joyce says:

I agree with you and I don't watch them anymore. Got sick of their little sex games.

9. [...] 50 Slimmed Down Comfort Foods From macaroni and cheese to oven-fried chicken, you couldn’t get enough of these healthier [...]

10. Susan says:

That is pretty much how they talk here in our town. They could tone it down a bit, but for their goal audience they are just fine and super nice folks and really good cooks.
    They enjoy each other and enjoy cooking .