But I Just Want Some Chocolate!?!

by in Healthy Tips, April 12, 2010
Cheesecake Brownies
Cheesecake Brownies, Lightened Up

I admit it — I’m a full-fledged chocoholic! If there are treats on the table, I’ll always go for anything with chocolate. Fellow chocolate lovers, rejoice: Small amounts of the sweet stuff can easily be part of a healthy diet. Learn our tricks to satisfy your chocolate cravings without going overboard.

Choose Healthy Chocolate
An ounce of milk or dark chocolate contains around 150 calories and 9 grams of fat. To get the health benefits of the antioxidants in chocolate, choose the darker variety. The higher the cocoa content, the more bitter it tastes, so you’ll want to go for a dark chocolate that tastes good to you (which will vary from person to person).

Keep Portions in Check
No matter which type of chocolate helps zap your cravings, size does matter. What’s the proper amount of chocolaty goodness? Well, to help put portions in perspective, here are a few chocolate treats under 150 calories:

Easy Ways to Satisfy
If candy is not your thing, here are some simple tricks to curb those chocolate cravings.

• Add cocoa powder to your smoothie
  • Try a hot cocoa made with skim or low fat milk
  • Top a peanut butter sandwich with a teaspoon or two of chocolate spread
  • Add dark chocolate chips to a trail mix
  • Dip fresh fruits (like berries, apples and bananas) in chocolate fondue

Cooking up some chocolate treats can also be a healthier alternative — they’ll have fewer chemicals and preservatives. Plus, you’ll be able to pronounce all the ingredients!

Chocolate recipes to try:

Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, is a registered dietitian and consultant who specializes in food safety and culinary nutrition. See Toby’s full bio »

Dipping Into the World of Honey

Honey is one of the regulars in my rotation of natural sweeteners. It’s also traditionally eaten during Rosh Hashanah, to symbolize a sweet Ne...

1. zlocenie galwaniczne elementów stykowych w technologii pokryc selektywnych

2. I’m impressed, I need to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you’ve got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the issue is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I’m very blissful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something relating to this.

3. chromowanie says:

anodowanie twarde aluminium i barwienie

4. Google says:

Every after inside a while we choose blogs that we study. Listed below are the newest web pages that we pick

5. felgi sklep says:

I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome site!

6. Google says:

We like to honor numerous other world-wide-web websites on the web, even though they aren

7. dw9dl207i says:

Interesting blog post. What I would like to make contributions about is that pc memory is required to be purchased when your computer is unable to cope with what you do with it. One can install two random access memory boards having 1GB each, as an illustration, but not one of 1GB and one having 2GB. One should check the manufacturer’s documentation for own PC to be certain what type of ram is needed.

8. dw9dl207i says: